So Hendrickson will start week 1 right? (1 Viewer)

Bloop

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Much better player than Davenport right now. Notice how moved from his usual lde spot to rde this game. Davenport did nothing against an average LT. Once hendrickson entered the game he was collapsing the pocket almost every play. He is also much improved in the run game. He has to be the week 1 starter against the pass first texans and it shouldn't even be a debate

Much better player than Davenport right now. Notice how moved from his usual lde spot to rde this game. Davenport did nothing against an average LT. Once hendrickson entered the game he was collapsing the pocket almost every play. He is also much improved in the run game. He has to be the week 1 starter against the pass first texans and it shouldn't even be a debate
Hendrickson's had a heck of a preseason, no doubt. I never saw him take a play off.

You can say whatever you want. Who wants to say that Davenport has outplayed Hendrickson this preseason?
I don't think you'd get a debate there. But the organization put a lot of stock into Davenport. And the fact is Davenport has huge athletic ability & size. He was also off the charts great in college. I think we're in good shape with all three guys rotating out & sometimes playing together as well. No one thinks you're observation is wrong. They just know the staff is going to give the quote nod as starter to Davenport. But all three will get plenty of playing time. And with the size of offensive linemen in the nfl, a defender can't play every down like offensive linemen do. They have to rotate out.

I havent been able to keep up with pre-season. Davenport has underwhelmed or what?

I would hope so but Davenport needs more time to develop. All the physicals are there but not sure if he has all the between the ears capacity going on with him. Hope so though. If Davenport starts and plays a lot this week, we’ll know which player will be starting against the Texans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom