So Hendrickson will start week 1 right? (1 Viewer)

Why do you care about the games that don't matter is a better question?

There are two kinds of players in the field during preseason:

1) Those who are locks for the roster, trying not to get hurt.
2) Those who need to stand out to avoid getting cut.

Davenport is #1.
Teddy is #1.

Henrickson is #2.
Taysom is #2.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. That's just the way it is and it's not because I say so. I'm simply verbalizing the reality of the NFL. Not a single play in the preseason matters. I'd rather not see a single starter play a single snap in preseason. The goal is a Superbowl and the preseason has ZERO bearing on the Superbowl unless someone is hurt and lost for the season.

Taysom was nomore in danger of being cut than Teddy. I know you like Bridgewater, but that's ludicrous.

Taysom was nomore in danger of being cut than Teddy. I know you like Bridgewater, but that's ludicrous.
I don't care for either Teddy or Taysom as a starting QB for the Saints, but because Taysom looked good playing against scrubs people act like he's in the same league as Teddy. He's not. He's a gadget player. No one on that coaching staff thinks he is a starting caliber QB. He thinks he has a chance though so he goes all out in the preseason to try and impress people.

I don't think you'd get a debate there. But the organization put a lot of stock into Davenport. And the fact is Davenport has huge athletic ability & size. He was also off the charts great in college. I think we're in good shape with all three guys rotating out & sometimes playing together as well. No one thinks you're observation is wrong. They just know the staff is going to give the quote nod as starter to Davenport. But all three will get plenty of playing time. And with the size of offensive linemen in the nfl, a defender can't play every down like offensive linemen do. They have to rotate out.

I know that, too. I'm making a different point. My point is that when Payton does start Davenport, he will be breaking his own "rules" about which players start. Hendricksen is playing better than Davenport. Reports are that Davenport came in 15 lbs overweight. That should make his chances of starting even worse. However, Payton spent TWO number ones on him, and Payton would look foolish if he didn't start the guy he spent TWO number ones on.

Why do you care about the games that don't matter is a better question?

There are two kinds of players in the field during preseason:

1) Those who are locks for the roster, trying not to get hurt.
2) Those who need to stand out to avoid getting cut.

Davenport is #1.
Teddy is #1.

Henrickson is #2.
Taysom is #2.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. That's just the way it is and it's not because I say so. I'm simply verbalizing the reality of the NFL. Not a single play in the preseason matters. I'd rather not see a single starter play a single snap in preseason. The goal is a Superbowl and the preseason has ZERO bearing on the Superbowl unless someone is hurt and lost for the season.

For someone who doesn't care, you sure had a lot to say.

Much better player than Davenport right now. Notice how moved from his usual lde spot to rde this game. Davenport did nothing against an average LT. Once hendrickson entered the game he was collapsing the pocket almost every play. He is also much improved in the run game. He has to be the week 1 starter against the pass first texans and it shouldn't even be a debate
what are you smoking?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom