So here are my offensive production predictions for the Chicago game (1 Viewer)

If we come out blazing and set Chicago on fire and win 30-6 or something like that then we are going to the Super Bowl. Saints finishing what the O'Leary family barn started...

At least that's how the Bears fans like to roll right? (Making fun of their notorious sign.. the great Chicago fire did not effect anyone alive today so I don't feel bad mentioning it)

I believe that both Ginn and Thomas will be relied on to get open and Bridgewater will have to make his reads quicker in order to switch to the safety valve dump-off pass when they are simply not available. As much as many people here will be wishing we would just run the ball more, Sean never strays too far away from the players that he trusts the most. However, if the Bears are able to effectively shut down CGM & Ginn, then Payton will be forced to go with the guy(s) who manage to step up and make the plays whenever their number is called.

A win for us this Sunday while we are so short handed would indicate to me just how much this year's team is ready to take it the distance! Every guy needs to step up their game on offense, defense, and special teams because every 'stop' will count just as much as every score will be critical. Let's just get it done! :9:

Bridgewater 17-31 167 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

Murray 16 carries, 47 yards

Thomas 7 catches, 76 yards
Ginn 5 catches, 64 yards

Saints 193 total yards.

So can we find a way to win this game with this production?

Set your expectations accordingly, at least when we have the ball on offense.

I'd say if we get to 250 yards, we have done well and probably will be enough to win the game in fact. Here's to hoping we do just that.
Washington will have 20-30 yards rushing, as will Taysom.

This was brought up on the Saints Talk Podcast, just going to bring it up here.

This might be Bridgewater's last game before his next contract. His performance could make him a lot of money. Especially in this "what have you done for me lately" league. Wouldn't be crazy to see him play his best game.

(Btw that was a good Podcast to listen to with a guest from the Bears)

Last edited:
So you’re thinking our entire team accounts for 27 receiving yards sans MT and Ginn? If that’s the case then I don’t think we win. Between our RB’s, TE’s and other receivers(including TH) we need at least 75 yards of production to keep Chicago’s defense honest.

If we have stats closet to yours, then I think our running game has to account for 100+ yards to get the W.

if we get a ST’s or Defensive TD or both, then everything gets thrown out the window and the W can be had with minimal offensive production.

our #3-5 WR has accounted for 6 yards through six games this season? 1 yard per game.

Josh hill averages 1.6 receptions pergame for 13 YPG.

Latavius Murray is averaging 1.6 RPG for 11 YPG.

the usage of Murray and Hill will likely increase but I’d be shocked if a less talented Hill get more yards against the Bears than Jared Cook averaged this season, 28 YPG. I’ll slot him down for 20 receiving yards. I’ll be kind to the Saints #3-5 WR and give them 15 yards combined (a total that is three times the amount they’ve received the entire season). So that means that Murray will need 50 yards receiving. I think it’s optimistic but we’ll see.

I completely anticipate this being a low scoring game. If our defense doesn’t put up an elite performance, we will probably lose...just has been the case in many post-Brees games this season.

I think the Saints will rush for 100+ yds.
Teddy Checkdown shows up and carefully throws short, safe passes all game for about 200yds total.
CGM gets bracketed all game and finishes with around 4-5 catches for 50yds.
Ginn catches the single coverage and nabs 6-7 catches for 70yds.
Playoff Josh Hill makes an appearance and he chips in a solid game with 4-5 catches and a TD.
LJH gets his first career reception.

Saints defense creates 2+ turnovers and the Saints special teams also kicks in a game changing play.

Saints win 27-9

Bridgewater 17-31 167 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

Murray 16 carries, 47 yards

Thomas 7 catches, 76 yards
Ginn 5 catches, 64 yards

Saints 193 total yards.

So can we find a way to win this game with this production?

Set your expectations accordingly, at least when we have the ball on offense.

I'd say if we get to 250 yards, we have done well and probably will be enough to win the game in fact. Here's to hoping we do just that.

Realistically I think we will be around there as well, except I expect a bit more of an uptick in the run game if we are going to win.

We will need some splash plays forsure.

I like the Ginn projection in that for us to win, we are going to need him to make a lot of plays

I keep seeing “the Saints will handle the bears” and now people crapping on these offensive production numbers but the Bears have a VERY good defense. We don’t have Brees, Kamara or even T Smith... they will plan to take Thomas out... where does the rest of the offense come from? And before you start throwing out names, I’d also like examples of other times they’ve done it.

the Saints were short on offensive skill players going into the season (depth, not quality) now two of our top skill players are gone, one being our HOF QB. To win this game, it will have toBE DEFENSE and special teams. The offense isn’t going to uncharacteristically start producing while undermanned and against a very good defense.

jmho

I agree in that it’s easy to look at this game with our injuries and really question what chance this offense has. And it’s not exactly been a juggernaut over the course of this win streak.

But then I remember that Payton is accomplished at exploiting mismatches and finding ways to get production out of his skill players. It’s not always flashy, and some weeks the results aren’t there, but then you get those three TD games from Mike Karney, and franchise notable careers out of guys like Colston, Pierre Thomas, and Lance Moore.

This offense has some deficiencies in receiving talent, and that’s been magnified by losing a FHoF QB, and now losing other key contributors absolutely makes the chess match even more challenging, but at least we have a chess master on the sidelines who always gives this team a fighting chance with whatever he’s working with.

I agree in that it’s easy to look at this game with our injuries and really question what chance this offense has. And it’s not exactly been a juggernaut over the course of this win streak.

But then I remember that Payton is accomplished at exploiting mismatches and finding ways to get production out of his skill players. It’s not always flashy, and some weeks the results aren’t there, but then you get those three TD games from Mike Karney, and franchise notable careers out of guys like Colston, Pierre Thomas, and Lance Moore.

This offense has some deficiencies in receiving talent, and that’s been magnified by losing a FHoF QB, and now losing other key contributors absolutely makes the chess match even more challenging, but at least we have a chess master on the sidelines who always gives this team a fighting chance with whatever he’s working with.

I feel like we completely agree except on the conclusion.

I believe we have the absolutely best chance to create production with CSP but I believe what made Moore, P Thomas and Colston great was a hall of fame QB. I don’t think TB has the same ability to make receivers the absolutely maximize their ability like Brees so now, Payton can scheme a guy open and the next eminent is execution, will TB take advantage like Brees did?

for example, saints run that tunnel screen on the goal line, they schemed a counter to that play to counter an over aggressive defense and got Thomas wide open... TB over threw him.

again, I’m not saying we can’t win! I’m saying that if we win, it probably won’t be from some newly found offensive production. My money will be on a low scoring game where the team that makes the least mistakes and takes advantage of a handful of opportunities that are presented will win.

I believe we have the absolutely best chance to create production with CSP but I believe what made Moore, P Thomas and Colston great was a hall of fame QB. I don’t think TB has the same ability to make receivers the absolutely maximize their ability like Brees so now, Payton can scheme a guy open and the next eminent is execution, will TB take advantage like Brees did?

for example, saints run that tunnel screen on the goal line, they schemed a counter to that play to counter an over aggressive defense and got Thomas wide open... TB over threw him.

again, I’m not saying we can’t win! I’m saying that if we win, it probably won’t be from some newly found offensive production. My money will be on a low scoring game where the team that makes the least mistakes and takes advantage of a handful of opportunities that are presented will win.

I do think Bridgewater's last game was an outlier. Those misses were the worst I've seen him throw and I don't expect that from him. Just his raw completion % was off from his typical performance. Generally, on a quick pass play like that, he will complete it. He may not lead a guy perfectly in stride like Brees but he'll usually throw a catchable ball. If Payton schemes guys open in the short to intermediate pass game I feel pretty good about him hitting his guy.

Now I don't expect him to throw guys open unless he's really on his game. Not only is it questionable if he will be that pinpoint accurate. He would probably have to build up his confidence through the game to try it.

If Payton has a great game schemed up and Bridgewater is on at least his average game I think he'll execute. If the Bears are smothering the offensive plan, Bridgewater will need to be at his peak to produce.

Hopefully, we get a masterful plan and a peak Bridgewater performance so we run away with the game. A guy can hope.

Last edited:
@Saint Kamara

You stealing my 2018 reverse jinx gimmick? It's a hard burden to bear. I know you have shoulder to bear it. I'm so proud of it.

:cry:??

I think we will get about 135 yards rushing. Their interior weak and Murray got some wheels to burn them.
Most rushing yards allowed at home for Bears this year is 72. They are rough at hime.
Saints will get a strip sack or inrerception. Maybe a sack the way Morestead is playing. The Saints will win by 3-5 pts.

I disagree about the PT Cruiser. Best screen and blocking back in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom