So here are my offensive production predictions for the Chicago game (2 Viewers)

our #3-5 WR has accounted for 6 yards through six games this season? 1 yard per game.

Josh hill averages 1.6 receptions pergame for 13 YPG.

Latavius Murray is averaging 1.6 RPG for 11 YPG.

the usage of Murray and Hill will likely increase but I’d be shocked if a less talented Hill get more yards against the Bears than Jared Cook averaged this season, 28 YPG. I’ll slot him down for 20 receiving yards. I’ll be kind to the Saints #3-5 WR and give them 15 yards combined (a total that is three times the amount they’ve received the entire season). So that means that Murray will need 50 yards receiving. I think it’s optimistic but we’ll see.

I completely anticipate this being a low scoring game. If our defense doesn’t put up an elite performance, we will probably lose...just has been the case in many post-Brees games this season.

Those numbers for the TE’s and Murray you listed are not applicable considering they haven’t been asked to be the number one option up to now and tomorrow they are, so they’ll be expected to get similar production Kamara and Cooks attained in their starts. Even if they don’t hit those numbers it’ll be considerably more due to nothing else than they’ll get targeted more.

I think some are disrespecting the Bears defense. Their defense is #3 in points allowed. With 13.8 points allowed per game.

I expect the embarrassed Bears defense to bounce back at home with the crowd noise. No Kamara or Cook spells offensive troubles for Bridgewater, as the Bears double cover M.Thomas.

I don't see how the Saints can score 20-30 points like some are predicting. I predict a slugfest like last week. With turnovers being the difference that gives some team a short field already in field goal range.

Lutz and Morestead better be hydrated, cause their kicking legs will be sore come Monday.

Whoa, interesting take.

You're hoping for Alvin Kamara type receiving production without Kamara?

I mean Murray isn't known to be a back to fear catching the ball.

I disagree. Last game, against the Jags, Murray did an excellent job with the screen game and rushing the ball. Yea, it was against the Jags but production is production. Can he juke like Kamara? No he can’t, but, he’s powerful and big. I think he has a big game for us.

Kyle Fuller Has given up 27/35 Catches in his direction their #1 CB meets Cantguardmike Sunday who leases the NFL on catches and catch percentage......

We let Ingram Walk - So in Murrary you trust that’s why he’s here . power and breakaway speed.

I feel like we completely agree except on the conclusion.

I believe we have the absolutely best chance to create production with CSP but I believe what made Moore, P Thomas and Colston great was a hall of fame QB. I don’t think TB has the same ability to make receivers the absolutely maximize their ability like Brees so now, Payton can scheme a guy open and the next eminent is execution, will TB take advantage like Brees did?

for example, saints run that tunnel screen on the goal line, they schemed a counter to that play to counter an over aggressive defense and got Thomas wide open... TB over threw him.

again, I’m not saying we can’t win! I’m saying that if we win, it probably won’t be from some newly found offensive production. My money will be on a low scoring game where the team that makes the least mistakes and takes advantage of a handful of opportunities that are presented will win.

Not really sure there’s any significant disagreement here. I appreciated your post and it just seemed like a good jumping off point for my thoughts.

I think the way Payton has schemed to help Teddy is just further indication of his abilities as an offensive coach, but there’s no disagreement that missing Drew along with the other injuries magnifies the challenges this team is facing.

This isn’t the season we imagined, and we all look forward to Drew getting back, but it’s been quite a surprising and fun ride to see Teddy settle in and make his comeback from his own devastating injury, and for this entire team to work together to find ways to win.

No matter what happens tomorrow, we’re going to remember this season as something special. Y’all feeling that, too?

I mean, honestly, you could very well be close. I hope not, but I wouldn’t be thaaaat surprised. I expect more total yards from our offense, but it will definitely be a defensive game.

I keep seeing “the Saints will handle the bears” and now people crapping on these offensive production numbers but the Bears have a VERY good defense. We don’t have Brees, Kamara or even T Smith... they will plan to take Thomas out... where does the rest of the offense come from? And before you start throwing out names, I’d also like examples of other times they’ve done it.

the Saints were short on offensive skill players going into the season (depth, not quality) now two of our top skill players are gone, one being our HOF QB. To win this game, it will have toBE DEFENSE and special teams. The offense isn’t going to uncharacteristically start producing while undermanned and against a very good defense.

jmho
Not sure why you're referencing my post in your own. At no point did I ”crap on these offensive numbers”. I basically said 167 yards passing with 0 TDs and 1 Int along with 2.9 YPC from Murray is not enough alone. We'll need a big game from the D and ST unit.

Those numbers for the TE’s and Murray you listed are not applicable considering they haven’t been asked to be the number one option up to now and tomorrow they are, so they’ll be expected to get similar production Kamara and Cooks attained in their starts. Even if they don’t hit those numbers it’ll be considerably more due to nothing else than they’ll get targeted more.
Not sure why you're referencing my post in your own. At no point did I ”crap on these offensive numbers”. I basically said 167 yards passing with 0 TDs and 1 Int along with 2.9 YPC from Murray is not enough alone. We'll need a big game from the D and ST unit.
i was agreeing with you

I think Taysom Hill will have a few carries. Carr was open a few times last week , look for Teddy to give him some looks this week. I think Humphery will have his first catch or catches.
He's actually my X factor in this game and any hope of some big plays. I think Taysom needs at minimum 15 offensive snaps in this game. He may complete a huge pass play.

No
This projects to the worst game of Teddy's career. That's awfully pessimistic.
No, that's realistic. Pessimistic would be saying we won't get past midfield tomorrow.

I bet fantasy football projections are almost spot on with what I've come up with on both Bridgewater and Murray.

So no TDs at all tomorrow?
If Teddy doesn’t throw one and Murray doesn’t run for one, then that leaves Taysom running or throwing one to an obscure receiver?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom