So here are my offensive production predictions for the Chicago game (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Bridgewater 17-31 167 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

Murray 16 carries, 47 yards

Thomas 7 catches, 76 yards
Ginn 5 catches, 64 yards

Saints 193 total yards.

So can we find a way to win this game with this production?

Set your expectations accordingly, at least when we have the ball on offense.

I'd say if we get to 250 yards, we have done well and probably will be enough to win the game in fact. Here's to hoping we do just that.

Last edited:
No sir. If our running backs have less than 100 receiving yards and zero receiving TDs, we are toast, in my opinion. The screen pass is everything for us Sunday

No sir. If our running backs have less than 100 receiving yards and zero receiving TDs, we are toast, in my opinion. The screen pass is everything for us Sunday
Whoa, interesting take.

You're hoping for Alvin Kamara type receiving production without Kamara?

I mean Murray isn't known to be a back to fear catching the ball.

So you’re thinking our entire team accounts for 27 receiving yards sans MT and Ginn? If that’s the case then I don’t think we win. Between our RB’s, TE’s and other receivers(including TH) we need at least 75 yards of production to keep Chicago’s defense honest.

If we have stats closet to yours, then I think our running game has to account for 100+ yards to get the W.

if we get a ST’s or Defensive TD or both, then everything gets thrown out the window and the W can be had with minimal offensive production.

Well our defense is gonna hold them to 0 points. So all we need is a field goal to win this game
I do believe Chicago will certainly be held to under 250 yards as well.

So we could conceivably win this game 9-6.

I don't believe either team will get into the endzone offensively.

Murra
So you’re thinking our entire team accounts for 27 receiving yards sans MT and Ginn? If that’s the case then I don’t think we win. Between our RB’s, TE’s and other receivers(including TH) we need at least 75 yards of production to keep Chicago’s defense honest.

If we have stats closet to yours, then I think our running game has to account for 100+ yards to get the W.

if we get a ST’s or Defensive TD or both, then everything gets thrown out the window and the W can be had with minimal offensive production.
Murray alone gets more than 27 Receiving yards and we still have the Hill brothers Josh/Taysom

Without a defensive or special teams TD (or both), that would favor the Bears. I don't see either team sustaining drives against the other, so big plays will be everything. And besides the Bucs game, we haven't really seen many big plays without Drew at QB.

Bridgewater 17-31 167 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

Murray 16 carries, 47 yards

Thomas 7 catches, 76 yards
Ginn 5 catches, 64 yards

Saints 193 total yards.

So can we find a way to win this game with this production?

Set your expectations accordingly, at least when we have the ball on offense.

I'd say if we get to 250 yards, we have done well and probably will be enough to win the game in fact. Here's to hoping we do just that.
That offensive output alone will not win this game. Like others have stated, we're gonna need the defense and ST to contribute big.

@Saint Kamara

You stealing my 2018 reverse jinx gimmick? It's a hard burden to bear. I know you have shoulder to bear it. I'm so proud of it.

:cry:??

I think we will get about 135 yards rushing. Their interior weak and Murray got some wheels to burn them.

I think we need production from Josh Hill, LilJordan and/or Ginn to have any kind of offense in this game. If not, the lack of a #2 receiver is going to bite us as it does in the playoffs.

@Saint Kamara

You stealing my 2018 reverse jinx gimmick? It's a hard burden to bear. I know you have shoulder to bear it. I'm so proud of it.

:cry:??

I think we will get about 135 yards rushing. Their interior weak and Murray got some wheels to burn them.
That offensive output alone will not win this game. Like others have stated, we're gonna need the defense and ST to contribute big.

I keep seeing “the Saints will handle the bears” and now people crapping on these offensive production numbers but the Bears have a VERY good defense. We don’t have Brees, Kamara or even T Smith... they will plan to take Thomas out... where does the rest of the offense come from? And before you start throwing out names, I’d also like examples of other times they’ve done it.

the Saints were short on offensive skill players going into the season (depth, not quality) now two of our top skill players are gone, one being our HOF QB. To win this game, it will have toBE DEFENSE and special teams. The offense isn’t going to uncharacteristically start producing while undermanned and against a very good defense.

jmho

Murray has a good career catch rate and has a 40+ catch receiving season in his career, plus he looked great on the screen TD that was called back on the MT hold. I don't think he'll have 100 yards receiving, but he'll definitely have more receiving yards than you're giving him credit for here (at most 27 on your guess, but that's assuming no one else catches a pass, so that means you likely think he'll do less than 27).

CHI also doesn't have Akiem Hicks and has a DE with a club on his hand, so I think Murray will average more than 2.9 yards a carry. The Raiders ran down their throats in London.

Whoa, interesting take.

You're hoping for Alvin Kamara type receiving production without Kamara?

I mean Murray isn't known to be a back to fear catching the ball.

Last edited:
I think Taysom Hill will have a few carries. Carr was open a few times last week , look for Teddy to give him some looks this week. I think Humphery will have his first catch or catches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom