So honestly how will you feel if Payton eventually ends up coaching the Cowboys? (1 Viewer)

My thoughts:
Reputation is a finicky thing in sports, especially with coaches. SP’s reputation as a coach is at an all-time high. He showed that he can win without Brees over the past few years. This past season he led his team to a 9-8 season and if it weren’t for the Miami game, another playoff berth.

I think he’s making a calculated decision to leave now and not next season. Who’s to say what happens next season and what it does to his market value. Saints go 4-13, 5-12 and all of a sudden he’s not a hot commodity.

Go out now with your value intact, rest up for a year, and then decide where you want to go.

I personally would always believe that was his ultimate plan

If he wanted to coach Dallas he could go coach them now. It would cost the same for him to coach there in 2022 as it will in 2025.

I think he's really burnt out and needs to recharge. If he wants to coach Dallas in 2023 once he's had some time away I wouldn't see that as some nefarious plot to get to Dallas. Him retiring now doesn't make getting to Dallas any easier. It's still going to take at least 2 1st rounders if it's now or 3 years from now.

My thoughts:
Reputation is a finicky thing in sports, especially with coaches. SP’s reputation as a coach is at an all-time high. He showed that he can win without Brees over the past few years. This past season he led his team to a 9-8 season and if it weren’t for the Miami game, another playoff berth.

I think he’s making a calculated decision to leave now and not next season. Who’s to say what happens next season and what it does to his market value. Saints go 4-13, 5-12 and all of a sudden he’s not a hot commodity.

Go out now with your value intact, rest up for a year, and then decide where you want to go.

This works both ways for us though. If his value is intact then when teams come around in 2023 trying to hire him it's time to pay up.

1643222961765.png

If he has ulterior motives to take a year off just so he can go coach another team after next year, if basically he wants out of the Saints orginization, then he needs to Man up. If thats his goal is to coach after a year off then i am glad he left because he obviously didn't want to be here.
Just Like with Les Miles and Coach O at LSU, thanks for the wins and the Championship, but don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out...
Hopefully i am very wrong and he'll be an analysts or a broadcaster and be happy there...

100% this is how I feel.

If he wanted to coach Dallas he could go coach them now. It would cost the same for him to coach there in 2022 as it will in 2025.

I think he's really burnt out and needs to recharge. If he wants to coach Dallas in 2023 once he's had some time away I wouldn't see that as some nefarious plot to get to Dallas. Him retiring now doesn't make getting to Dallas any easier. It's still going to take at least 2 1st rounders if it's now or 3 years from now.

I think it can be both. I seriously think he is legit burnt out and wants to take the year off 100%. By doing so, it doesn't quite look "you are quitting on your team" and ruin his image in the process. The big issue is, while this is true and that he is burnt out, I have no source here, but I do believe he wants to coach the Cowboys. I do believe the burnt-out part is just part of the bigger process to let things cool down for a season before he becomes HC for the Cowboys.

Add that to the reports that he demanded Micky to trade him after the 2019 season makes me sick.

It was time for him to move on, the air was becoming a little stale, his offenses were being attacked successfully, no new wrinkles, time to go. Maybe he and kneeling brees can join up?

I won't give him the nick saban treatment for awhile everyone hated saban down here unanimously. Coach won us a SB so im willing to be open minded, but would definitely hope for us to blast the cowboys each and every occasion. We will have other coaches and sean will be remembered as New Orleans Saints coach when he makes it to canton.

If he goes to Jacksonville then I will worry for his sanity.
He wants franchise “juice”, and can’t blame him. It’s just tougher to win in NOLA than Dallas give
If I am being completely honest, he would be considered dead to me regardless of the Superbowl he brought.
So SP would be dead, but coaches like Ditka, Haslett, etc. who accomplished considerably less would be held in higher esteem?

Wow. Stop blaming Sean, he gave his heart and 20% of his lifespan in this market. It’s far longer than most can take.

Would you want your wife to stay with you if her hart wasn’t in it and she is eyeing the cowboy next door I say thanks for the Memories and even though I love you go cause I wouldn’t want anyone who don’t want me plus the maid is looking kind of cute lol

I personally would always believe that was his ultimate plan and I'm sure he would fall out favor to many
thousands of Saints fans if not more. What could only be worse is him coaching the Falcons. To say you
would not feel the same way is not being truthful.

Betrayed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom