So honestly how will you feel if Payton eventually ends up coaching the Cowboys? (1 Viewer)

I said it in another thread... I don't care if he goes to Dallas. Heck I wouldn't care if he goes to Atlanta. It doesn't matter to me its his life and his decision. Dallas won't win anything as long as that fossil owns and runs the team anyway.

I said it in another thread... I don't care if he goes to Dallas. Heck I wouldn't care if he goes to Atlanta. It doesn't matter to me its his life and his decision. Dallas won't win anything as long as that fossil owns and runs the team anyway.
With details now emerging about him wanting to go to the Cowboys in 2019 and Mrs. Benson nixed that deal then reupped him it makes sense. I think it's a forgone conclusion he will be with the Cowboys. It wouldn't shock me if it's this year. For us I think it would be better if it's next year as I think the Cowboys will not be as good next year and when we get two first round draft picks for Sean we will be in a better position.

I honestly wouldn't mind it if he coached the Cowboys in the future. As things stand right now Payton is not getting into the HOF with all the bounty BS. The only way he has a chance of getting in is by doing something that makes the voters forget about that part of his history. It is no guarantee, but if he were to go to a team like Dallas and turn that team into a contender and win a SB or two his chances of getting into the hall would be dramatically increased.

I personally would always believe that was his ultimate plan and I'm sure he would fall out favor to many
thousands of Saints fans if not more. What could only be worse is him coaching the Falcons. To say you
would not feel the same way is not being truthful.

Some of y'all got short memories. It's like y'all are oblivious to the fact that the niners were the ONE team that ruined our entire 6 year original stretch of relevance.

Honestly could care less where he goes. We got a sb with him and won a bunch of games. If he doesn’t like it here anymore and wants to move on, that’s on him. We gave him every tool for him to be successful. Nothing worse than having someone not want to be here regardless of the reason why. Wish him luck in the future even if it is with any other team just not when we play them :)

If Sean Payton, signs with Dallas while we have him under contract. I would say Dallas owes us a couple of Draft Choices. I would take the Dallas First Round in 2022 and 2023. We should get a QB for that amount of choices.

pruitt1997

After watching the press conference, I believe he will coach again. So it doesn’t matter if it’s Dallas or anyone, I won’t like it. If I’m right, he’s pretty much saying he rather be anywhere else than here. Doesn’t sit well with me considering the free reign he had with this team. It’s not like he’s leaving the team in great shape. More cuts need to be made and there isn’t much room to add a lot outside of the draft. The offense is terrible. This is when we really need him and he’s taking a year off so he can go elsewhere. Not cool. Shouldn’t have signed a 5 year extension if you only planned to honor 2 years of it.

That said, I do appreciate the job he did and the accomplishments he’s achieved. It is possible to feel both. You don’t have to give him a free pass in order to be appreciative while being disappointed in the way he’s exiting.

I personally would always believe that was his ultimate plan and I'm sure he would fall out favor to many
thousands of Saints fans if not more. What could only be worse is him coaching the Falcons. To say you
would not feel the same way is not being truthful.
I never begrudge an individual for a personal career decision; PERIOD! It is part of life and life is not always seemingly fair. SOME fans get attached to coaches, players. But the NFL is big business. What most fans do fail to comprehend is, when a coach is not successful, they could not care less and want the worst for that individual, because that coach, or player, did not meet their expectations. You need to remove the fan aspect from these sorts of events and look at it strictly as business. (See my motto, in my message). Coaches and players alike, know and treat their jobs just like people who are not in professional sports. They have to, or their decisions will be made off of pure emotions. Making personal career decisions, purely off of emotions and connections to FANATICS, is not something that is best.

All said. If he should so one day end up in Dallas, congrats to him. We’ll see him one day as fans and will want to see the Saints kick his a$$!

NOTHING PERSONAL, IT’S ONLY BUSINESS!

Some in the media are saying he threw the towel because he didn't want to deal with the heavy lifting anymore and this may just be a move to get somewhere else with a QB.
I do blame him for him listening to Brees, in Brees NEVER wanted the next QB on the roster, at the same time as Brees was still playing. He was the coach and should have told Brees…”I am the coach, you are the player. I make decisions for what is best for the TEAM”. But he didn’t and so here we are. Looking at a total revamp of the roster over the next 2-3 years.

Look at it this way. If you ever wanted to buy season tickets, this is probably the year you will have the best chance to purchase same, since the 2006 season.

It’s been almost 24 hours.

As much as I want to Be respectful and sad about the goat Saints coach for “retiring,” I can’t help but continue to feel he just straight up quit and gave up on the team, leaving us in the cap situation that the team is in.

That much money tied into Taysom is just crazy. And I like Taysom.

This was an interesting read that he almost left after 2018.
This story, and I choose the term 'story' deliberately, falls neatly into the all too common practice of dreaming up a scenario that flatly ignores why one side would do what is being suggested.

Simply put, the team that just got to the NFC championship trading away the head coach that got them there is nothing a sane person would agree to. You don't see any other scenario than bringing back the same crew to try it again next year.

Make up your 'Dallas connections' all you like, Mike, but that deal doesn't work for the New Orleans Saints and this never happened.

End of 'story'

I would not feel bad about it, I really appreciate his time in here and he did a lot for the Saints. That is his decision and I respect that. All the best to the Saints moving forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom