So, how are we doing, money wise? (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ballpark, We started with 10 million and opened another 10 with Drew’s contract.

We spent 5 million on Brown, 7.5 on Teddy, 4.4 on Murray, plus Banjo, Robertson and Crowley.

It seems to me there is not a lot available for Cook, Ansah or any other player.

I don’t want to use the credit card. Hiring new players can reduce our chances of signing our young players to second contracts.

Ballpark, We started with 10 million and opened another 10 with Drew’s contract.

We spent 5 million on Brown, 7.5 on Teddy, 4.4 on Murray, plus Banjo, Robertson and Crowley.

It seems to me there is not a lot available for Cook, Ansah or any other player.

I don’t want to use the credit card. Hiring new players can reduce our chances of signing our young players to second contracts.
Murray is around $1M cap hit in 2019. Not sure about the others.

I wouldn't worry about it. We wouldn't be visiting with Cook and Ansah if we didn't think there were a chance we could meet their price. Both of them.

That may come with some restructuring, new deals, etc. But I'd worry less about where we're at right now than where we can get.

FYI, the saints can afford to use the credit card for next year. We have a boatload of money under the cap for next year. OVERTHECAP has use at 93million under before the cap raise.

I'm seeing 15.8 mil at OTC. That is without a few contracts. I can only take a wild guess at most of their 2019 hits.

Bridgewater - 7.25 mil
Robertson - 1 mil?
Brown - 3 mil?
Lutz - 2 mil?

That's around 13.25 mil to sign those in 2019. You also have to add about 0.5 mil to the cap for each contract added since they knock off lower contract. So it becomes 11.25 mil.

So that leaves us with about 4.5 mil.

I think the rest of the moves are in their cap calculation. https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-orleans-saints/

FYI, the saints can afford to use the credit card for next year. We have a boatload of money under the cap for next year. OVERTHECAP has use at 93million under before the cap raise.
Next year's space may seem like a lot, but once these new contracts are added, it likely will drop into the 60s or 70millions. We would have no QB under contract and need to extend Thomas, Bell, Apple, Rankins and a few others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom