Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody know?

Last edited:
when you edit the post, click the "go advanced" box and then you can delete

Are you set on WYSIWYG? If you are, it shows up immediately above the "edit" button when it goes into edit mode.
I thought I had that enabled. Must have been on another board that I frequent.

when you edit the post, click the "go advanced" box and then you can delete

Does that really work? I have tried that, but when I it "Go Advanced" there is no option for "delete."

Where should I look for it?

Do I have to change some other setting?

it's at the top once you click "go advanced"...its there for me anyway

Does that really work? I have tried that, but when I it "Go Advanced" there is no option for "delete."

Where should I look for it?

Do I have to change some other setting?

It will be the top section and look like this...

Delete this Message To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.

<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Deletion Options</legend> <label for="rb_del_leave"><input name="deletepost" value="" id="rb_del_leave" tabindex="1" checked="checked" type="radio">Do Not Delete Message</label>
<label for="rb_del_soft"><input name="deletepost" value="delete" id="rb_del_soft" tabindex="1" type="radio">Delete Message</label>

</fieldset> Reason for Deletion:

It will be the top section and look like this...

Delete this Message To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.

<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Deletion Options</legend> <label for="rb_del_leave"><input name="deletepost" value="" id="rb_del_leave" tabindex="1" checked="checked" type="radio">Do Not Delete Message</label>
<label for="rb_del_soft"><input name="deletepost" value="delete" id="rb_del_soft" tabindex="1" type="radio">Delete Message</label>

</fieldset> Reason for Deletion:

Definitely missing that somehow.

I can delete posted responses to a thread, but not a thread I start.

I click "Edit" then "Go Advanced" and all I see are editing options and a "Reason for Editing." Wierd.

Definitely missing that somehow.

I can delete posted responses to a thread, but not a thread I start.

I click "Edit" then "Go Advanced" and all I see are editing options and a "Reason for Editing." Wierd.

So how do you delete a thread you started?

I think with the old board software if you start a thread you could delete it, at least before there were responses.

I can delete a post here but it doesn't look like you can retract a thread...

if all else fails use one of these to dig a hole to put it in:
posthole.jpg

I have a question. Where did the smilies go, including the bowing figure, and the others with the names placed between the colon punctuations?

:huh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom