So how do you feel about the Saints offseason moves so far? Where should they go with first draft pick? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Losing Mark Ingram hurts, especially when you look at his impact on the locker room and the fact that he was well liked. Adding Latavius Murray will help SOME of what Ingram provided on the field but in any event it's Kamara's show now and that's why I think ultimately the Saints are ok with Ingram's departure. I like the move they made to address the defensive line by snagging Malcom Brown. If Sheldon Rankins can get healthy for most of next season I think that can be a nice tandem, especially if Davidson is retained to provide depth. Finally, if the Saints are able to make the Jared Cook signing official I think that will be huge. Payton will have a tight end that he can use similar to the way he used Jimmy Graham. And that will make Kamara and Michael Thomas that much more difficult to deal with. Speaking of those two great draft picks....Where should the Saints go with there first pick in the 2nd round assuming they don't move up or trade back? Believe it or not, I think they should go cornerback or wide receiver. You might say we don't need a cornerback because we have Lattimore and Apple plus possibly Prob returning. Then, as far as receiver goes we have Michael Thomas plus a potential rising star in Tre'Quan Smith and missing links Kirkwood and Meredith.

That is all true but consider this....Michael Thomas will be entering his final season on his rookie deal this year. Knowing the Saints, they will gamble and let him play it out. He just came off a monster season and is in line for another one in this offense. Who's to say the Saints will be able to afford him especially with the way Receivers are getting paid lately particularly when it comes to guaranteed money? Can't Guard Mike likely will not give the Saints a "home town discount." He is gonna want to get paid and who can blame him. Kamara will be in line for an extension as well...Can they pay both???????? I think it very well may come down to Brees status at that time. Will he retire or still want to play? When it comes to Marshon Lattimore, he was a first round pick so the Saints can and will likely use that extra year option on him. Plus he's only entering his 3rd season. But if the Saints were forced to make a decision about paying him the big bucks I can see them letting him go....I'm not saying I want them to come to that conclusion but I can see it. He had a fabulous rookie season then kinda struggled a little during his sophomore season. But make no mistake about it, he was money in both games against the Eagles. Still if that trend continues, is that enough for the Saints to pay him as a number one cornerback? We shall see. It will certainly be interesting to see where the Saints go in the Draft now that most of their glaring needs have been addressed.

They should go BPA.

My top picks at #62 currently are:

1. DT/DE John Cominsky
  2. WR Andy Isabella
  3. TE Caleb Wilson
  4. TE Kaden Smith
  5. DE Joe Jackson
  6. CB Michael Jackson

Don’t rule out linebacker. It’s still an area that can use more talent. Anzalone had a near breakout year. Demario was stellar. But then there’s a drop off as Klein is older, Robertson is a good backup. And Teo is gone.

Win now: WR
Long term: BPA

BPA could very well be a WR, which is the only position I see a rookie having a chance at coming in and playing significant snaps.

We got weaker. The only upgrade so far is Cook. In the draft, I’d like an OT (because Armstead) or a WR. There’s no proof our WR corps will be better, though Smith and Kirkwood should develop a bit, and at this point anything Meredith can give us is welcome.

WR
CB
OL
S
LB

In no particular order, I would say WR, OL, and CB are our more dire needs.

The Saints will go BPA, whether that's any of those positions or not.

Personally i'm goin' with the war in the trenches, where it all starts... Center Elgton Jenkins.. Miss. St... future anchor of the middle for years to come!!

NW.

Last edited:
Andre Dillard of Washington State. I think BPA and need will meet.

Win now: WR
Long term: BPA

BPA could very well be a WR, which is the only position I see a rookie having a chance at coming in and playing significant snaps.
I'd wait on a wide receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom