So how do you feel about the Saints offseason moves so far? Where should they go with first draft pick? (1 Viewer)

What's the compensation for pick 62
if we traded down? Just curious.
Could we get a 3rd and 4th rounder for it?

We got weaker. The only upgrade so far is Cook. In the draft, I’d like an OT (because Armstead) or a WR. There’s no proof our WR corps will be better, though Smith and Kirkwood should develop a bit, and at this point anything Meredith can give us is welcome.

In the process of adding a pro-bowl receiving TE. We were a 2 skill-player offense last year in the receiving department with MT and AK. This year we will have 3 pro-bowlers catching passes, AK, MT, and Cook.

We have 3 WRs with potential to make a leap or at least improve. Meredith, Smith, and Kirkwood. Odds are good one does. I find it hard to believe that all 3 come in this year and disappoint.

That doesn't mean we won't add another TE or WR to the mix via the draft. In fact, I think it's very likely we either use our 2nd round pick on one, or trade back up into the 2nd or 3rd to draft a receiving weapon.

Last edited:
AJ Brown
Hakeem Butler
N'Keal Harry
Kelvin Harmon
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Deebo Samuel

My gut is telling me one of these six WRs will be a Saint.

We got stronger. I don't think the Ingram loss will hurt as much has some think. If we are going back to the 3-headed monster rushing attack, we should have the same overall production.

Adding Brown and Edwards on the D-line are huge additions to help sure up an already strong defense.

Unger was average last season and retired because he didn't think his body would hold up for another season. Adding Nelson is at least a lateral if not an improvement.

In the process of adding a pro-bowl receiving TE. We were a 2 skill-player offense last year in the receiving department with MT and AK. This year we will have 3 pro-bowlers catching passes, AK, MT, and Cook.

We have 3 WRs with potential to make a leap or at least improve. Meredith, Smith, and Kirkwood. Odds are good one does. I find it hard to believe that all 3 come in this year and disappoint.

That doesn't mean we won't add another TE or WR to the mix via the draft. In fact, I think it's very likely we either use our 2nd round pick on one, or trade back up into the 2nd or 3rd to draft a receiving weapon.

Exactly!

And Taysom should only get more involved! This was his first year involved in an offense in his pro career. There's no telling the plans Sean will work on with him in training camp.

To just continue with what you said... Dan Arnold, Austin Carr and Dwayne Washington should also improve and get more involved. Plus Ted Ginn Jr. may have a better year.

I can't look at this list and see a weakness or a need. I can't even say this isn't a top 3 offense.
  1. Michael Thomas
  2. Alvin Kamara
  3. Jared Cook
  4. Tre'Quan Smith
  5. Ted Ginn Jr.
  6. Latavius Murray
  7. Josh Hill
  8. Keith Kirkwood
  9. Dan Arnold
  10. Austin Carr
  11. Cameron Meredith
  12. Taysom Hill
  13. Garrett Griffin
  14. Dwayne Washington
  15. Zach Line

So yes, depth, BPA, what have you, but I don't see WR as a huge need. I think OT, Nickel Corner, 3rd safety, maybe even a front 7 player, should a good one fall should be the pick. Getting Quinn would be amazing.

Exactly!

And Taysom should only get more involved! This was his first year involved in an offense in his pro career. There's no telling the plans Sean will work on with him in training camp.

To just continue with what you said... Dan Arnold, Austin Carr and Dwayne Washington should also improve and get more involved. Plus Ted Ginn Jr. may have a better year.

I can't look at this list and see a weakness or a need. I can't even say this isn't a top 3 offense.
  1. Michael Thomas
  2. Alvin Kamara
  3. Jared Cook
  4. Tre'Quan Smith
  5. Ted Ginn Jr.
  6. Latavius Murray
  7. Josh Hill
  8. Keith Kirkwood
  9. Dan Arnold
  10. Austin Carr
  11. Cameron Meredith
  12. Taysom Hill
  13. Garrett Griffin
  14. Dwayne Washington
  15. Zach Line
So yes, depth, BPA, what have you, but I don't see WR as a huge need. I think OT, Nickel Corner, 3rd safety, maybe even a front 7 player, should a good one fall should be the pick. Getting Quinn would be amazing.
I 'm not hearing anybody mention Travin Dural, is he still on the team?

I am happy with the transactions so far. I love Drew Brees' love for the team, allowing the organization to have the money to bring in more free agents (good players in the positions of need.) Do you think Big Ben or AR would do that?

We still have more work to do. Hopefully we sign J. Cook and he has a good attitude coming in. We need a slot receiver next. We may have to draft for that position. I believe the rest of the current receivers will be improved and no other additions are necessary.

I really liked keeping Teddy. I think(my personal opinion) after we win the Super Bowl this year, Drew will retire. Teddy will be a great successor.

I did not like seeing Ingram leave, but I do believe Murray will be a great replacement. Also the retirement of Max Unger will hurt, but we could not do anything about that and I wish him well. He was a great player for us. Will Clapp and Cameron Tom should be improved thanks to their experience last year. But even with the signing of Nick Easton, we are are going to regress at the center position.

I like the defensive line additions. I think Malcom Brown is going to be a beast for us and Mario will provide solid depth. We will be improved there especially if we do acquire Robert Quinn giving us a stout rotation at the ends. Hopefully Sheldon is able to come back before the middle of the season. It hurt watching him go down after having his best year as a Saint.

Keeping Banjo and Hardee were good moves, but I do hope Crawley will be able to bounce back after last years debacle. I am happy with the rest of the free agents we kept.

I liked letting Coleman and Lewis go. Coleman turned out to be a bust for us, and Lewis really never performed well enough as a returner. That said, I think the signing of Sherels is going to be very beneficial. He is older, but he does what Lewis could not. We don't need Alvin returning anymore.

After all of that, I believe this team will be better than last year. Now, let's see how the draft goes. I think we will trade future picks for picks this year as the Saints go all in again.

I'm just here for the BPA posts since that's what this team has done for over a decade now...

I 'm not hearing anybody mention Travin Dural, is he still on the team?
He is. It's probably because we haven't seen anything from him yet. It would be great if we could develop all of our WRs. Simmie Cobbs usually gets left off of everyone's lists since we haven't seen anything from him either.

Heh. I said we got weaker, and we are, but I got some clown emojis.
On paper (we can only judge on paper):

Ingram > Murray
Okafor > Edwards
Unger > Easton
Davison <= Brown, but we were one of the best against the run anyway.
We will lose Onyemata for four games, and Rankins for eight, I guess.
The only improvement is Cook, as I said.

How can we be better than last year, personnel-wise.
We have many young players who hopefully will develop, but that’s not getting stronger in itself.

Heh. I said we got weaker, and we are, but I got some clown emojis.
On paper (we can only judge on paper):

Ingram > Murray
Okafor > Edwards
Unger > Easton
Davison <= Brown, but we were one of the best against the run anyway.
We will lose Onyemata for four games, and Rankins for eight, I guess.
The only improvement is Cook, as I said.

How can we be better than last year, personnel-wise.
We have many young players who hopefully will develop, but that’s not getting stronger in itself.
We got better, especially after we replace Okafor. Edwards is a DT to fill in until Rankins gets back. I haven't read anything about losing Onyemata for four games.

Ingram >= Murray
Unger > Easton
Okafor < Quinn/Ansah
Davison < Brown
Watson < Cook
Williams < Robinson
Rookies < Meredith

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom