So, how much is a 39 year old Aaron Rodgers worth to trade? (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't touch him. He's not been a workout warrior like Brees and Brady during his career. I just have a gut feeling
we'll see another Roethlisberger situation and he falls off the cliff suddenly.

I say... Two 1st at most to be honest, but I can see a team going as far as three 1st if he becomes a bidding war.

If someone is willing to spend three 1st for a 39 year old player. Good luck with that. I think two 1st is kind of steep, because you know physical limitations will creep in sooner or later.
The chances of a 39 y/o Rodgers hitting a wall and falling off in the next 2 or 3 seasons is too high of a risk to waste two 1sts on, IMO. As much as he likes to extend plays and take sacks, a career-ending injury is just as likely. Id love to have a talent like that, I just can’t see using two firsts on him.

In general or if it's the Saints? He's got one year left on his contract and keeps threatening to retire, plus he has $26 million in prorated bonuses that the Packers would have to eat. In general, I'd say a either two firsts or a first and a second for a one year rental. For the Saints, I'd say no trade at all. We aren't simply a QB away for winning it all. So the one year rental might have us feeling good for a deep run, but it'll be short lived and set the team back for a while.
This. To me the Saints need to get their OL and WR positions fixed. If that means re-signing Winston to a cap-friendly contract (if he is willing) then perfect. If it means signing a journeyman QB or even rolling with the rookie for a season then I am ok with that as well.

This guy is bad news. In full regular season stat mode imo.

21 targets to Jones and Adams. 6 total targets to the rest of the team. Gee I wonder how they figured us out.

Let me throw it into double coverage and not this intermediate route to keep the chains moving

FJxi3c_WUAAvgEQ

Two 1st. Should the saints do it? If SP stays then yes, if not then time to start over.

Two 1st. Should the saints do it? If SP stays then yes, if not then time to start over.
No. Why spend 2 firsts on what would be a 2 season rental?

I'd rather they spend the 2 firsts to move up in the draft and take their chances at developing a 1st round QB if they were looking to get spendy with 1st round picks.

None to me, I’d rather not have him. And that has zero to do with him as a person off the field, I just think he’s on the precipice of Father Time taking away his supreme talents. Therefore the juice not being worth the squeeze. Imo.

That's my issue. At 39 he isn't going to last for much longer at an elite level and you have to give up valuable picks to get him. For some teams, it might be worth it, but it would have to be a team that is literally a QB away from the Super Bowl. I don't think we are quite there yet with our issues at WR, TE, and OL. But, if it's just one 1st and some lower round picks then you have to think about it.

I wouldn't want Aaron anywhere near my team.

Someone will WAY overpay, and he will not win there because he is a bad teammate that doesn't form relationships well and doesn't trust anyone not named adams.

Yeah, that's the other issue with Rodgers. Not only would he cost a lot of draft capital for a 39 year-old QB, but he is also a really tough fit in the locker room so you have to be very careful what locker room you put him in. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Rodgers meshing well with Demario Davis, Malcom Jenkins, Cam Jordan, or Michael Thomas. I'm not even sure he would get along with Payton.

If we are going to spend draft picks on a vet QB, I'd much rather go for Wilson who is 5 years younger and has never been a problem in the locker room and has always been a team first player.

No. Why spend 2 firsts on what would be a 2 season rental?

I'd rather they spend the 2 firsts to move up in the draft and take their chances at developing a 1st round QB if they were looking to get spendy with 1st round picks.
Because we have a championship D and MT and AK. We could win 2 Super Bowls in a row. The goal is to win the SB. And this last year took a lot out of SP, this would give him the final piece of the puzzle. Im sure he doesn’t want to go through a rebuild if he is even here next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom