So, how much is a 39 year old Aaron Rodgers worth to trade? (1 Viewer)

I almost wonder how different A.Rod's career would have been if he played in a Dome or somewhere a bit warmer.

Hmm. A QB that could possibly drop off or decide to retire at any given point. I don’t like that idea, personally. Honestly, if he were a FA, I’d like to have him. I just think it’s pretty risky to give up a lot. Maybe it’s worth the risk to some teams. Just not sure it is for us

I think the Packers are going to tell Rodgers to play next year and spread his cap hit to 2023 while they franchise tag Adams. They will try to win a SB and lose both after next year for zero compensation. However, I think they should trade him to Denver for #8 plus any other picks they can get.

Joe Montana and 3rd round pick was sent to KC for #18 overall.

Brett Farve was traded to the Jets for #83 overall.

Joe Flaco was traded to Denver for a 4th rounder.

The question with Rodgers at 38 is can he play 2 more years? Retirement ages: Big Ben 39, Eli 40, Peyton 38, Brees 42.

I think a mid round 1st and conditional picks based on playing 2 seasons would be reasonable. I don’t think 38 year old QBs are worth two 1st+ when they might have 1 year left.

If he were ten years younger he'd probably cost at least three first round picks. But he's not, and the best case scenario would probably be to get three seasons out of him. For that, I would place his value at one first rounder plus maybe a conditional mid round pick or two depending on how well and how long he plays.

That said, for all his talent he's got a toxic personality and I am very much opposed to acquiring him.

I think the Packers are going to tell Rodgers to play next year and spread his cap hit to 2023 while they franchise tag Adams. They will try to win a SB and lose both after next year for zero compensation. However, I think they should trade him to Denver for #8 plus any other picks they can get.

Joe Montana and 3rd round pick was sent to KC for #18 overall.

Brett Farve was traded to the Jets for #83 overall.

Joe Flaco was traded to Denver for a 4th rounder.

The question with Rodgers at 38 is can he play 2 more years? Retirement ages: Big Ben 39, Eli 40, Peyton 38, Brees 42.

I think a mid round 1st and conditional picks based on playing 2 seasons would be reasonable. I don’t think 38 year old QBs are worth two 1st+ when they might have 1 year left.
Yep! You responded while I was typing, but we both have similar thoughts on this (you were just B4Me).

Imo, his current value depends on the strength/depth of your WR corps. What would Rodgers be like if he didn't have Adams this year?

I believe that he makes average WRs better but only to a degree... think Lazard and Valdez-Scantling.

He has minimal value to the Saints imo. And his value to the Broncos would be pretty high with Sutton and Patrick having been recently extended.

Because we have a championship D and MT and AK. We could win 2 Super Bowls in a row. The goal is to win the SB. And this last year took a lot out of SP, this would give him the final piece of the puzzle. Im sure he doesn’t want to go through a rebuild if he is even here next year.
This is my stance, go and get whoever Sean Payton wants and will get him excited to coach again. If it’s Aaron Rodgers pay whatever, go all in for the next 2 seasons and get that 2nd ring.

At his age, I would say a 2022 1st, a 2023 3rd that could become a 2nd or 1st based on team success thresholds (like advancing to the Divisional Round, Championship Round, and/or Super Bowl, along with maybe a random non-star player.

I think you could expect a solid three year run out of him; to me, that's worth the risk, especially if you're Sean Payton and your career is (seemingly) winding down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom