So I’m beating a dead to dying horse here but seriously.... (1 Viewer)

Sports journalism is already dead thanks to 24hr Sports media where its all catch phrases and banter. If one of these local "journalists" would just try and develop a relationship that wasn't purely confrontational or based on sensational reporting then Payton might respect them more. IMO the lack of creditable reporting is why we have 30 plus page threads based on a rumor stated by some Twitter twit named "Sauces" instead of a real reporter.
Payton doesn't have time for the local media because the local media doesn't exist anymore. I mean if one of these hacks prints something in the local paper about the Saints only one reading it are the parakeets whos cages are lined with it. If someone threw a copy of The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate on my lawn today I'd be calling the cops on them for littering...

I listened to it this morning and Payton was rude.

Snapped at a reporter who asked a legitimate question (relative to Kamara's use vs. Atlanta. Trying to see if the limits on touches were bc the game got out of hand or bc of the injury).

Then Payton did the very thing himself he snapped at the reporter for doing (referenced the Atlanta game). Take a look and listen for yourself.

Sorry coach. It's not the media or the fans' fault the team failed to show up and suffered some pretty tough injuries as well.

This.

I love coach and what he’s done for our team, but he’s always rude to reporters.

This.

I love coach and what he’s done for our team, but he’s always rude to reporters.

He is rude to the ones that are rude to him. He does have some Jim Mora in him at times. But TBH, it is a job that is probably the most challenging, when you have not played your best and lost and then need to field questions totally irrelevant to your upcoming game. That is the point most people miss. Coaches and players can and do easily put all last games played behind them and do not enjoy talking about them; good or bad.

If you are beating a dead horse here, is it finally tenderized enough to be edible? Asking for a friend...and do you need Horsey Sauce for it? Again asking for a friend.
Ahhh, Yeah! Yeah You Right! Fact of Business? Rub some Horseradish on it and call me , well, NO, Don’t call ME but I’m more than SURE Coach could come up with something for you to do! But I won’t, I won’t, The heck I won’t! Try changing YOUR socks WITH your shoes ON and tell ME how it feels! Right? I THOUGHT SO! Stay Frosty, this is going to be a bumpy ride into the Play-offs!

This.

And WHY NOT? Those guys treat OUR NFL Head Coach as if he’s some schmoe! This man has stood Up for Our City, He’s Coached us to our First (but not only one<> I’m very hopeful for this season) SUPERBOWL WIN IN OUR ONLY APPEARANCE, Withstood being suspended on never proven, bogus charges and kept his mouth shut and took it so he could come BACK and RETURN Our SAINTS to WIN again! So, If It’s ME? I’m starting EVERY question with “ Coach it’s ________ _______ then, blah, blah blah but make the questions which are on OUR minds which hasn’t been reflected in these situations which actually COUNT as a solid question moving forward, you already KNOW what happened last week and Coach is going to be really salty after THAT showing of his Superbowl Bound TEAM! What do these brain trauma patients THINK they are going to get? We, as Fans and The Entire WHODAT NATION deserve some answers to what’s to come, who is feeling good or who is struggling but in a thoughtful manner dare I say RESPECTFUL MANNER! So, when they can’t work out the order of questioning AHEAD OF TIME and have it run smoothly even if Coach is feeling particularly grumpy at that time. They don’t KNOW what happened just seconds before they got on the phone and I’d give Coach the benefit of a doubt regarding his disposition no matter what! Maybe I’m wrong about it and I can simply NOT listen and better to read the transcripts. So , I admit I have a choice and could just avoid it completely so enough with the complaints about the sort of reporter reports we’ve been listening to, I “feel” all of those issues and bugs associated with these conference call interviews should be worked out ahead of time between the reporters and they can surely afford to install a righteous conference system if that’s how Coach wants to handle the situation make it work with the best gear and use the respect your Momma taught us all when we were little! These are supposed to be professionals and one thing about that is acting like a pro, working out the details, intro yourself for EVERY question. I certainly don’t recognize these guys and why aren’t there any women in on the conference call? There are female reporters but where are they on conference call day? If it’s ME? I’m going to be the guy who makes certain the GEAR works excellently , establish their own protocols and the beats they should take if the need time for notes or whatever and you are a bit behind and not ready with a question ? Defer your question so as not to allow gaps or “Dead Air” which is DEATH for radio and Journalism 101. Maybe I’M feeling salty my own self and YEARN for this coming Sunday and putting that ATL game well behind us and find our winning ways again. Coach knows so much MORE than us or those reporters or most anyone else in the building he happens to be in and conversing about SAINTS football! I’m a huge fan of Coach and I demand more respect from those reporters for OUR HEAD COACH! 'Nuff SAID”!

" as if Coach knows what all these folks sound like and recognizes them by their voices, but I certainly can’t unless it’s Bobby who is identifiable anywhere in the World unless we’re at a Faix-do-do in Mamou where I couldn’t pick him out except he sounds MORE generic than anyone else there. "

Funny!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom