so i can finally get a dog.... (1 Viewer)

See Hard

Spelling Police
Reaction score
i live in an apartment and we can finally get a dog but it has to be under 20 lbs. (for the next 6 months anyway because my lease ends in august) i wish a boxer puppy could stay under 20 for 6 months but it cant

so my question is what is the manliest dog i can get under 20 lbs?

Jack Russell (hyperactive) or Boston Terriers (slobbery) are cool. I am partial to miniature Dachshunds too, but they're not very "manly". BTW Boston Terriers look a lot like "mini boxers" so you should really consider them.

my buddy is buying a house... hes already graduated, so im moving in with him until i graduate in a year

Honestly I would wait a little while so you can get the dog you really want, rather than settling over 6 months.

Rat terriers are like Jack Russells without the hyperactivity. They are very intelligent & cute as all get out.

I love pugs myself....don't know if they are "manly" but would be a chick magnet. :hihi:

Jan

my buddy is buying a house... hes already graduated, so im moving in with him until i graduate in a year

Do you know where you are moving after that? A dog will be with you for the next 10-15 years. What happens if you graduate and end up in another apartment where you can't have a dog over 20 lbs?

well hopefully it wont come to that... but ive got plenty of family who love to take in pets. so i dont think it would be a problem... also, being back in another apartment post graduation is the absolute worst case scenario... i hate living in these things

Get half of an English bulldog. :dunno:

Personally I would just wait a bit longer since it's obvious that you've been waiting a while anyway. Get the dog you want, not the dog you HAVE to get...but that may just be me.

eatingJacksCosmicDog.jpg

interpret this any way you want to.

Apartments...be careful with a Jack Russell (they're now officially called Parson Russell Terriers, btw...but everyone I know still calls them JRT's). They can get pretty yappy or destructive if they don't get enough exercise. If you can commit to keeping the dog exercised, then they're great apartment dogs. Pugs are wonderful. A friend of mine had Schipperke's; they are phenomenal dogs; very long-lived and easy going. I personally have standard dachshunds; you could try to find a wirehaird dachshund for a more "manly" type dog. :D

Pugs are great dogs. Mine is very well behaved, the only time he barks is when someone knocks on the door, or something goes bump in the night. They have tremendous energy when you want to play, and are perfectly happy laying in a lap when you don't.

Plus, as stated before, the ladies love em! :9:

PicturesSpring076.jpg

forget the manly part, a yorkie can be a great dog.....

Also, if you are single, you get a lot of girls saying awww, what a cute dog!!!

Perfect conversation starter!!

Too bad I found this out after I got engaged!! lol....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom