So I can sell the rights of my son to play college football (1 Viewer)

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
in the SEC as long as I don't tell him about it?

Definately seems that way. Unless they give you a house to live in, then you have to return your Heisman.

Yes. Of course if you do tell your son, just have him avoid the media.

if you do not get any money, and play for a different school then the one you asked money - apparently the answer is yes.

The NCAA totally screwed themselves over this and this is no longer something they can just sweep under the carpet.

Hey Dad, where did you get the ferrari? Um, I won the (*cough genetic baby pool cough*) lottery son. Shut up and play football.

Actually if it were me, I would just get the 200k and bury it somewhere no one will ever find it for four years. That way if my son gets hurt, I have 200k. If he goes pro and gets rich and then gets caught ALA Reggie? Who cares? I don't see Reggie losing a penny over this.

We all knew this sort of thing went on, but now it's officially being endorsed by the NCAA (just as long as they can't prove the kid knew it happened.)

The NCAA totally screwed themselves over this and this is no longer something they can just sweep under the carpet.

Hey Dad, where did you get the ferrari? Um, I won the (*cough genetic baby pool cough*) lottery son. Shut up and play football.

Actually if it were me, I would just get the 200k and bury it somewhere no one will ever find it for four years. That way if my son gets hurt, I have 200k. If he goes pro and gets rich and then gets caught ALA Reggie? Who cares? I don't see Reggie losing a penny over this.

We all knew this sort of thing went on, but now it's officially being endorsed by the NCAA (just as long as they can't prove the kid knew it happened.)

I don't agree, except for the fact that the NCAA may have screwed themselves over. This has Mike Slive written all over it. I have little doubt he is the one behind the NCAA doing what they did, which is, as far as I know, unprecendented. When has the NCAA ever reinstated a college player in 24 hours? I doubt its ever happened, and I doubt the NCAA has ever done it within a week even.
That is what is weird about this.

I don't agree, except for the fact that the NCAA may have screwed themselves over. This has Mike Slive written all over it. I have little doubt he is the one behind the NCAA doing what they did, which is, as far as I know, unprecendented. When has the NCAA ever reinstated a college player in 24 hours? I doubt its ever happened, and I doubt the NCAA has ever done it within a week even.

I am sure Slive was involved... but at the end of the day, the NCAA has authority here so they are responsible for the outcome. The best way to handle this would be to suspend him NEXT year (when he's already gone.)

As long as you don't mind being granted only "limited access" to the program and a strong finger shaking, then go right ahead - but realize this behavior "will not be tolerated". The NCAA once again proves they are a big joke and a total fraud. "We will enforce the rules at all times (unless it's going to cost us too much money)!"

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. I think there's 0 chance that Slive doesn't have his hand in this one so he can keep all the BCS money in the SEC

Also, the NCAA's statement was that there was insufficient evidence to warrant making Newton ineligible at this time. I'm willing to bet that this is far from over.

For $200.000 I can get your kid a scholarship with the University of Phoenix on Line. I have an in there -- it is where I got my medical degree.

Also, the NCAA's statement was that there was insufficient evidence to warrant making Newton ineligible at this time. I'm willing to bet that this is far from over.

That's true of every eligible player on every team. They are all eligible based on information known at this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom