So I guess Cam is just going to get away with it, then? (1 Viewer)

I have heard differently, but that is not surprising. Regardless I am thinking that we will not hear much more for awhile until the FBI is done investigating. Also to be clear I am not saying I hope AU is guilty of anything either. I am just not sure that they are not.

You read it in that 20 page pile of garbage written by a Bama fan that was easy to discredit if you looked past your own bias against Auburn. One thing you LSU fans can never understand is the levels to which Alabama will go to smear Auburn. There is absolute truth to the old saying popularized by bama fans "Bama cheats and Auburn goes on probation."

You read it in that 20 page pile of garbage written by a Bama fan that was easy to discredit if you looked past your own bias against Auburn. One thing you LSU fans can never understand is the levels to which Alabama fans will go to smear Auburn. There is absolute truth to the old saying popularized by bama fans "Bama cheats and Auburn goes on probation."

You are trying to turn this into something it is not and I think you are out of line. Yes I am an LSU fan, but I have also stated that I

1) Am glad Cam was cleared and think he is the best player in college football

2) I am not hoping AU is guilty either (as I stated already), but I am waiting to see the end of the investigation to form an solid opinion either way. Just like I stated about Cam and the investigation surrounding him.

Personally I think you find offense when there is clearly none intended. Maybe you are too focused on defending your university and missing that an LSU fan is actually rooting for you guys.

Last edited:
You are trying to turn this into something it is not and I think you are out of line. Yes I am an LSU fan, but I have also stated that I

2) I am not hoping AU is guilty either (as I stated already), but I am waiting to see the end of the investigation to form an solid opinion either way. Just like I stated about Cam and the investigation surround him.

Personally I think you find offense when there is clearly none intended. Maybe you are too focused on defending your university and missing that an LSU fan is actually rooting for you guys.

If you had to put up with the total crap and lies we have had to that are coming out of Tuscaloosa, you'd have a short fuse too.

2) I am not hoping AU is guilty either (as I stated already), but I am waiting to see the end of the investigation to form an solid opinion either way. Just like I stated about Cam and the investigation surround him.

I guess I had been and I apologize to you. There has been so much bs posted and written about AU in the last month that it has become a reaction unfortunately. This part of my statement I stand behind
One thing you LSU fans can never understand is the levels to which Alabama fans will go to smear Auburn. There is absolute truth to the old saying popularized by bama fans "Bama cheats and Auburn goes on probation."

If you had to put up with the total crap and lies we have had to that are coming out of Tuscaloosa, you'd have a short fuse too.

I guess I had been and I apologize to you. There has been so much bs posted and written about AU in the last month that it has become a reaction unfortunately. This part of my statement I stand behind

Its all good. I do not know what type of poster I would be if the situation was reversed. It is easier to be on the outside of the situatuion discussing someone else's team.

So you are suggesting that the NCAA should punish the child for the sins of the father? I fail to see how that is remotely fair.

Hell, yes. It's called strict liability, and it applies in several types of civil actions.

It is complete crap that a player's immediate family (Cecil is not estranged or anything) who is participating actively in the decision concerning where his kid is going to play can solicit funds, and that there is NO (NOT A DAMN THING) punishment for the player. The father was acting as the son's agent, and solicited funds.

The timing may suck, but suspending the kid for at least one game would STILL be a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

So you are suggesting that the NCAA should punish the child for the sins of the father? I fail to see how that is remotely fair.

That opens up a whole world of loopholes for future non-violations. "Plausible deniability" I believe they call it.

This just opened Pandora's box. So as long as any athlete "doesn't know," there parents can shop them all they want. :rolleyes:

Hell, yes. It's called strict liability, and it applies in several types of civil actions.

It is complete crap that a player's immediate family (Cecil is not estranged or anything) who is participating actively in the decision concerning where his kid is going to play can solicit funds, and that there is NO (NOT A DAMN THING) punishment for the player. The father was acting as the son's agent, and solicited funds.

The timing may suck, but suspending the kid for at least one game would STILL be a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

That opens up a whole world of loopholes for future non-violations. "Plausible deniability" I believe they call it.

This just opened Pandora's box. So as long as any athlete "doesn't know," there parents can shop them all they want. :rolleyes:

I can not say that these is not a valid points. Even if you assume that Cam did NOT know what his father was doing, how do you stop other parents from doing the same without some kind of discipline?

I understand that Cam and his family may not have took money, but I think it was clear that his father shopped him. I am not sure where the NCAA can draw the line...I think it would have to be if money was actually taken, not the mere mention of it.

I can not say that these is not a valid points. Even if you assume that Cam did NOT know what his father was doing, how do you stop other parents from doing the same without some kind of discipline?

I understand that Cam and his family may not have took money, but I think it was clear that his father shopped him. I am not sure where the NCAA can draw the line...I think it would have to be if money was actually taken, not the mere mention of it.

This is considerably more than 'the mere mention'. If an immediate family member is acting as an agent of the player in soliciting funds, then the player should be liable for the actions of that agent family member. It's pretty simple really.

This is considerably more than 'the mere mention'. If an immediate family member is acting as an agent of the player in soliciting funds, then the player should be liable for the actions of that agent family member. It's pretty simple really.

Why?
If money transferred and the athlete signed wither before the transfer or after the transfer then yeah, there is a violation.
Otherwise, what is the problem?

Why?
If money transferred and the athlete signed wither before the transfer or after the transfer then yeah, there is a violation.
Otherwise, what is the problem?

Attempted burglary is a crime, as is attempted theft/shoplifting, attempted suicide, attempted murder and attempted rape. Obviously these are far worse than these allegations, but the fact is the success or failure of the illegal act isn't paramount. Simply trying to secure funds for a pay-for-play deal should be grounds for punishment, whether money changed hands or not.

I think it would be too difficult to prove. I do not see the NCAA reinforcing that in the furutre because it would be a lot of hear say unless 1) it was admitted 2) it was recorded.

Attempted burglary is a crime, as is attempted theft/shoplifting, attempted suicide, attempted murder and attempted rape. Obviously these are far worse than these allegations, but the fact is the success or failure of the illegal act isn't paramount. Simply trying to secure funds for a pay-for-play deal should be grounds for punishment, whether money changed hands or not.

We are not talking about criminal acts or anything comparable.

I mean a guy like Cecil Newton isn't even twice removed from some sort of privy to the bylaws between the NCAA and its member institutions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom