So i want to return a game... (1 Viewer)

Saint Matthew

Buddy Christ Loves You
Reaction score
Ok, i got Bioshock as a gift for Christmas. The game looks cool but i'm not much of a FPS person. So, I played Rock Band and i want it. I haven't opened Bioshock, and i want to return it for full value to use toward Rock Band, but i don't know where the game was purchased, (i assume its from Wal-Mart.) Here's the question, if i take it to Gamestop, will they be able to tell if they sold it? (I.e. only certain UPC sets are sent to certain retailers.)

It would be great if i could get the full 60 bucks of credit there to go along with any trade-ins i can bring in.

return it to wal mart.....they never ask any questions

In situations like that, I usually play dumb and say it was a gift.

Walmart's policy is that they won't accept a game back if it has been opened. Good luck.

I bring them back to Walmart, although last time I tried to return the Call of Duty 3 I got for free for buying COD4 and the computer told them it wasn't from there and they didn't take it back. Best Buy did though.

I've had a game for 4 months (bought at Gamestop) and it became scratched and unplayable. I went to Wal-Mart and said I got it as a gift 2 days ago and when I opened it, it was all scratched up. And they gave me a new game. No receipt, No questions asked.

When I bought Madden online from Buy.com, I tried to return it to Gamestop unopened. They wouldn't give me full price. Something like 30 bucks. I said screw that and took it to Walmart and they gave me full price for it.

Take it to Wal Mart. If it hasn't been opened you can exchange it with no reciept, IF the UPC code matches the store it was purchased from. If you have the reciept you can return it if it was opened. They will tell you that you have to get the same game. Tell em no problem, for some reason it won't play. Now you have an unopened copy of the game and the receipt. Return it later for a different game.

Be careful about Walmart. If you've returned other stuff without a receipt your likely to get turned down. They've got a limit on how many items you can return without a receipt a year. So does Best Buy. They'll ask you to show your ID so they can put you in their computers and store you on there. But overall, you shouldn't have any trouble in returning it.

Also, they're going to give you store credit. Which I'm sure isn't really a problem, just giving you the heads up on this. :)

One more thing: UPC Codes are the same per store. Unless you notice the UPC Code is a sticker on top of the box. Then its going to be different. You should have no trouble returning it to Walmart/Best Buy without a receipt with it being unopened as long as you haven't done it before.

Last edited:
Take it to Wal Mart. If it hasn't been opened you can exchange it with no reciept, IF the UPC code matches the store it was purchased from. If you have the reciept you can return it if it was opened. They will tell you that you have to get the same game. Tell em no problem, for some reason it won't play. Now you have an unopened copy of the game and the receipt. Return it later for a different game.

I returned The Darkness to walmart so I could get a unopened one to get my money back, and the lady opened the new copy before she gave it to me. She said it was so people can't play the game then just bring it back and get all the money back for it. They're getting smarter those Walmarts, one step closer to distroying us all.

More importantly-try Biochock before you take it back-its hands down one of the best games of teh last few years and far from your average shooter.

The Darkness was awesome.

Yes it was, I had that bug happen where the game would freeze everytime I went to a certain place. I found out I would have to play it over from close to the beginning and skip some side mission so it wouldnt happen again and I didn't want to start over. Since walmart opened the new one I figured what the hell and stated over, glad I did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom