So I wound up getting a new dog today... (1 Viewer)

deauxmfan

Veteran
Reaction score
What started out as a perfectly normal trip to Wal Mart ended up in dog ownership. There was a guy outside of the store holding what he described as chihuahua mix puppy that he was giving away. He said he got her for his daughter but she didn't want her. She wasn't even named.

So, of course being the sucker that I am, I took her. We went to the vet and found out she's about six months old. The shelter dog I've had for almost two years doesn't quite understand what the deal is but so far they're adjusting with only minor issues. Right now, Roux the puppy is sleeping right beside me in the chair and Belle, the four year old, is as confused as she can possibly be as to where this new thing came from lol.

Good for you. I love dogs and wish they all had people like you to take them home.

As soon as I move back to Texas, I am getting another Rottie. I had one for 13 years and she was my best friend. Before I moved out here I had to have her put down. It took her forever to get up. She went deaf. She stopped eating. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

As soon as I move back to Texas, I am getting another Rottie. I had one for 13 years and she was my best friend. Before I moved out here I had to have her put down. It took her forever to get up. She went deaf. She stopped eating. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

So sorry man. My dog of 12 years before these two hot messes was a terrier mix. She was fine one day and then the next wouldn't eat, drink, move or anything. We took her to the vet and found out it was kidney failure with diabetes. Had to have her put to sleep the day after that and it was awful.

What started out as a perfectly normal trip to Wal Mart ended up in dog ownership. There was a guy outside of the store holding what he described as chihuahua mix puppy that he was giving away. He said he got her for his daughter but she didn't want her. She wasn't even named.

So, of course being the sucker that I am, I took her. We went to the vet and found out she's about six months old. The shelter dog I've had for almost two years doesn't quite understand what the deal is but so far they're adjusting with only minor issues. Right now, Roux the puppy is sleeping right beside me in the chair and Belle, the four year old, is as confused as she can possibly be as to where this new thing came from lol.

We need a pic.

I had a Rottie for 11 years. I considered him my son. He died in 2002 and I still dream about him sometimes.

Good for you. I love dogs and wish they all had people like you to take them home.

I'm glad there are folks who love them and can own them and deal with this, but it's just not me. Watching an animal suffer and die is something I hated as a child and as much as I love dogs it's kept me from ever wanting one of my own as an adult.

Right now, I see myself as a stand in dog grandfather. They can leave one with me for a day or two and we'll have some fun, but the real responsibility stays with the parents.

Dogs are awesome, I have 2 pitbulls and an 18 pound mutt that thinks he is a 45 pound pitbull. The 2 pits Cujo and Chyna are a year old and Boots the mutt is almost three. Love them guys like they are my kids.

I had a Rottie for 11 years. I considered him my son. He died in 2002 and I still dream about him sometimes.

It's funny you say that. I had a dream about my baby two nights ago. She was doing all he usual stuff, it seemed so real. I miss her. Penny was/is the best.

My daughter brought home a "chihuahua mix" one time. Only later did we find out it's chihuahua, jack russell, and mini pin. What a combination! 4.2 lbs of energy. But there's one thing. She's not a dog. She's a doglet.

Just sayin'.

Man, you too? I can never stick to my shopping list either.

Cashier: "Did you find everything you needed today?"
Me: "And more!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom