So if we are 9-6 and Atlanta is 10-5, the Week 17 game is for the division right? (1 Viewer)

If we play every team like the last two games on defense.. get rid of ST blocked kicks for scores.

there is a chance to win out.

You're asking wayyyyyyyyy too much buddy.

With the defense playing the way that is has been playing, I believe it can be done.

Wishful thinking. This team is not winning 5 games in a row. This is the exact pattern that has gotten us to 7-9 four of the last 5 seasons. Make no mistake we are a better team with a brighter future than the last 7-9 teams. It's just not in the cards this season. I fully expect a much, much better defense next year therefore a better team.

Love the optimism however, I see the Saints winning two more games at best this year. They should beat the Rams and then beat the Buccaneers and finish the year 6-10. Tampa will play with all the enthusiasm they can to try and get a wild card, Detroit could win the North, Arizona will (try) and fight for a wild card and Atlanta is going to be playing for playoff status.

Even if the Saints made the playoffs, they'd get walloped in the first round.

Next year......

If we go 9-7 we should make the playoffs. Because if we go 9-7 we will have to beat Arizona and Arizona is on pace for 8-7-1 as it is already even if they do beat us. Washington has Dallas, Arizona, Philadelphia all on the road coming up and the last game against the giants. I don't think they beat both Dallas and Philadelphia and they don't beat Arizona. And I don't see them even beating Carolina. The last game against the giants is for second likely. Could giants and redskins both go 9-6 or better? If giants beat Dallas week 15, then the worst they could go is 10-6. If they lose, they could go 9-7. Washington if they beat the giants last game of the season and giants beat Dallas then they will go 9-6-1. If they lose 8-7-1 which we actually need. If GB wins in Philadelphia they probably will go 9-7 which would help us against the giants because otherwise giants could eliminated us h2h. If they lose we need Washington to have 7 losses. However, eagles are undefeated at home so far so if they beat GB, and able to beat Dallas last game of season they would go 9-7. I'm not sure if Washington stops Dallas's winning streak. If they don't that's going to ensure 9-7.

But this all under the assumption of if we can even win in Arizona. Note:Brees can't turn it over there.

Love the optimism however, I see the Saints winning two more games at best this year. They should beat the Rams and then beat the Buccaneers and finish the year 6-10. Tampa will play with all the enthusiasm they can to try and get a wild card, Detroit could win the North, Arizona will (try) and fight for a wild card and Atlanta is going to be playing for playoff status.

Even if the Saints made the playoffs, they'd get walloped in the first round.

Next year......

I wouldn't rule anything out. Tampa has been wildly inconsistent since Gruden left. Atlanta had the same 6-4 record this time last year before they ended thier season with an impressive 8-8 season. And at this moment after splitting with Carolina the Saints own the tiebreaker.

Anyone that has watched this team play, knows we arent making the playoffs. 4-6 is not a playoff team. 2 bad beats in week 1 and 2 and then giving the opponent the ball only to play catch up doesnt land you in the playoffs. We had the same discussions for 3 years running with these playoff scenarios that could only play out in peoples heads.

We're 4-6 now.
Back to. .500 at 6-6
Then lose 2 in a row again.
Record will be 6-8
Then win 2 to get to. 500
Season finished.... 8-8

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom