So I'm taking this "personality test" for a job.... (1 Viewer)

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
Maybe some of you have heard of it. Its called the "Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2." 567 true or false questions. Seems like a huge amount of questions but other than that no big deal right? Here is a sampling of some of the questions. Remember they are all true or false.

Question #20: I am very seldom troubled by constipation.
Question #24: Evil spirits possess me at times.
Question #72: My soul sometimes leaves my body.
Question #121: I have never indulged in any unusual sex practices.
Question #162: Someone has been trying to poison me.
Question #170: I am afraid of losing my mind.
Question #238: I sweat very easily, even on cool days.
Question #272: There was never a time in my life when I liked to play with dolls.
Question #298: Peculiar odors come to me at times.

Double ewe. Tea. Ef.

I only listed a few examples but really the whole test was very strange. Who thinks of this stuff? I'd love to see all the different assessments it offers based on your answers also. Cant wait to see how it tries to assess me.

I'd just love to know how they take all the answers to these weird questions and turn them into a label to put on your personality. I mean, I can understand how the wrong answers to some questions can raise some eyebrows, like the evil spirit ones and such. But constipation!?! What does that have to do with my personality?

I just wish they werent all true or false so I could elaborate on the answers and give them a much better sense of my personality.

True, I rather enjoy it.

Evil spirits dont possess me. I possess evil spirits.

What is this "soul" of which you speak?

Define "unusual........"

She burns everything she cooks, but I wouldnt call it "poison."

Actually it seems like it might be kinda fun.

I only sweat when Ive been drinking...so yes.

Question #272: There was never a time in my life when I liked to play with dolls.
They're action figures by god!

Peculiar odors come FROM me at times.

Last edited:
I'd love to take one of those tests when the outcome doesn't matter to me. (Like for a job I've decided I don't really want, after all)

Yup, I'm a perverted, possessed Rasputin with a Kung-Fu grip, my sweat smells weird and I smell weird sweat, but my **** don't stink 'cause I can't take a dump anyhow. Which is probably for the best since I'm too drunk to hit the bowl.

The ole MMPI. I actually got to take it last semester in my psychometrics class (and yes, Taurus, the outcome had no meaning because it was just for extra credit...bwahaha).

This is one of the most widely used personality test, its given to in-coming patients to see how stable they are as well as for occupational stuff so that explains all the odd paranoia questions.

Also, a good bit of the questions are asked just for validity, kind of to make sure you're taking it seriously.

I'd love to take one of those tests when the outcome doesn't matter to me. (Like for a job I've decided I don't really want, after all)

Yup, I'm a perverted, possessed Rasputin with a Kung-Fu grip, my sweat smells weird and I smell weird sweat, but my **** don't stink 'cause I can't take a dump anyhow. Which is probably for the best since I'm too drunk to hit the bowl.

Im actually dont think Im gonna take the job after all after finding out the pay isnt what I was first told, but Im tempted to play along until I turn this thing in. I bet I can get results so bad he not only wont tell me in person, he wont even do it over the phone. Maybe thats why they asked for my email address.

Here's how the questions are grouped and what each group measures. I'm glad I found this because its a lot of crap to type out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

Scale 1 — Hypochondriasis
Neurotic concern over bodily functioning and the tendency to express emotional distress through physical symptoms.
Scale 2 — Depression
Cognitive distortions of poor morale, lack of hope in the future, and a general dissatisfaction with one's own life situation. High scores suggest clinical depression whilst lower scores suggest more general unhappiness with life.
Scale 3 — Hysteria
Hysterical reaction to stressful situations. Often have 'normal' or even happy facade and then go to pieces when faced with a 'trigger' level of stress. Women score higher. High scores suggest repressed anger and the tendency to express emotional distress through physical symptoms.
Scale 4 — Psychopathic Deviate
Classic measure of psychopathy. Measures social deviation, lack of acceptance of authority, amorality, and anger. Adolescents tend to score higher. Very high scores are correlated with criminal activity, promiscuity, and interpersonally exploitative behavior.
Scale 5 — Masculinity-Femininity
This scale is used to measure how strongly an individual identifies with a traditional masculine or feminine role. It is also related to intelligence, education, and socioeconomic status, as the feminine component includes aesthetic interests. Measures passive vs. assertive interpersonal stance.
Scale 6 — Paranoia
Paranoid symptoms such as ideas of reference, feelings of persecution, grandiose self-concepts, suspiciousness, excessive sensitivity, and rigid opinions and attitudes.
Scale 7 — Psychasthenia
A broad measure of anxiety-related symptoms. Excessive doubts, compulsions, obsessions,and unreasonable fears, it indicates conditions such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It also shows abnormal fears, self-criticism, difficulties in concentration, and guilt feelings.
Scale 8 — Schizophrenia
A broad measure of cognitive disruption and confusion, with high scores potentially indicating psychotic processes. Assesses a wide variety of content areas, including bizarre thought processes and peculiar perceptions, social alienation, poor familial relationships, difficulties in concentration and impulse control, lack of deep interests, disturbing questions of self-worth and self-identity, and sexual difficulties.
Scale 9 — Hypomania
Tests for elevated mood, accelerated speech and motor activity, irritability, flight of ideas, and brief periods of depression.
Scale 10 — Social Introversion
Tests for a person's tendency to withdraw from social contacts and responsibilities, discomfort with others, and social anxiety.
Often more than one of these clinical scales is elevated. Most common MMPI interpretation relies on extensive research into the meaning of specific sets of elevated scales.

The authors also developed four Validity Scales to detect "deviant test-taking attitudes" and gauge the accuracy of the other scales.

The "Cannot Say" scale
This is the simple frequency of the number of items omitted or marked both true and false. Large numbers of missing items call the scores on all other scales into question.
The L scale
Originally called the "Lie" scale, this was an attempt to assess naive or unsophisticated attempts by people to present themselves in an overly favorable light. These items were rationally derived rather than criterion keyed.
The F scale
This is a deviant, or rare response scale; and may be called the "infrequency" scale. The approach was to look at items which are rarely endorsed by normal people. If less than 10 percent of the normals endorse the item, but you do, your F count goes up.
The K scale
This scale was an attempt to assess more subtle distortions of responses, particularly clinically defensive responses. The K scale was constructed by comparing the responses of a group of people who were known to be clinically deviant but who produced normal MMPI profiles with a group of normal people who produced normal MMPI profiles (no evidence of psychopathology in both). The K scale was subsequently used to alter scores on other MMPI scales. It was reasoned that high K people give scores on other scales which are too low. K is used to adjust the scores on other scales. K-corrected and uncorrected scores are available when the test results are interpreted.
There are additional validity scales developed via research and incorporated into computer scoring services (whether used in office or sent to a service for scoring).

Thanks for the link. So basically its gonna find something wrong with you or either tell you you lied or otherwise screwed the test up.

Basically, and the crazies tend to not realize that their behaviors and thoughts are abnormal so its actually pretty accurate...or it knows you screwed with it, but then its still accurate because it knows....

...it knows...

Whoa, careful, buddy. I like you. I don't want to see you get hurt. Just let it go. Its not worth it.

I've said too much already. :Cliff:

I just wish they werent all true or false so I could elaborate on the answers and give them a much better sense of my personality.

No, I rather enjoy it.

Evil spirits dont possess me. I possess evil spirits.

What is this "soul" of which you speak?

Define "unusual........"

She burns everything she cooks, but I wouldnt call it "poison."

Actually it seems like it might be kinda fun.

I only sweat when Ive been drinking...so yes.

Their action figures by god!

Peculiar odors come FROM me at times.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Maybe I should go bury it in the back yard rather than sleep with it in the house tonight.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom