So is the Devery Henderson era over? (1 Viewer)

Devery has shown that he obviously only wants to play for the Saints....he will wait by the phone and wait for Loomis' call.

It's over. Here is a guy that rely s heavily on his speed, does not have reliable hands and is expensive. Oh yeah his speed has left him, he no longer has the separation speed. Cheaper younger version available through the draft.

Devery tested the Free Agent market three years ago, and got nothing in return. That is why he is still a Saint.

How can any true Saints fan down Devery? Shame on you. I am not against moving on if a better player out competes him but he has been a great Saint. You don't hang around a Sean Payton team and play each Sunday with Drew Brees if you aren't doin it like they want.

The thing about Henderson that impressed me is how awful he was in his early years and how much better he became. He started out as a speedy receiver with VERY questionable hands and evolved into a versatile receiver who made some tough catches over the middle and straddling the sidelines. Furthermore, as others have said, he got to be a pretty good blocker. Yes, his time may be over, but why are people dissing him? :jpshakehead:

How can any true Saints fan do Devery? Shame on you. I am not against moving on if a better player out competes him but he has been a great Saint. You don't hang around a Sean Payton team and play each Sunday with Drew Brees if you aren't doin it like they want.

Dude... i would NEVER do Devery. You can count on that.

The thing about Henderson that impressed me is how awful he was in his early years and how much better he became. He started out as a speedy receiver with VERY questionable hands and evolved into a versatile receiver who made some tough catches over the middle and straddling the sidelines. Furthermore, as others have said, he got to be a pretty good blocker. Yes, his time may be over, but why are people dissing him? :jpshakehead:

Well said. I agree that it is time to move on, but there is no reason to trash him on the way out the door.

As one of the few pre-Katrina Saints who stuck around for the better times, I will always have a particularly warm spot in my Saints memories for Devery. I hope there's still room for him and will wish him all the best if there's not.

It wasn't his "best" play--heck, he was so wide open his grandma could have made it--but my favorite Devery play remains his ridiculously easy 2009 TD against the Pats. It was right about then that the rest of country began to catch on to just how special, and potentially dominant, our team was.

WK 12 Can't-Miss Play: Henderson too open - NFL Videos (can't embed these NFL videos and can't find a decent version on YouTube!)

Yep, I've noticed. Not suprising with either, but with Ellis you'd think he would garner atleast moderate interest eh? Still young. Just goes to show its no suprise our defense was so terrible. We paid him like 8 million last year and he had like 700 snaps on defense, smh.

Still kinda sad to see DH goes. A guy that spent his entire life playing football in the Boot.

It is sad to see a long time player get tossed. We will always remember cheering as he went deep, outrunning everyone. Now, he has gotten much slower and is still a mediocre route runner at best. His time has long since passed but the memories live on. Thanks DH, but don't let the door hit you in the a$% on the way out. lolol j/k.

It is sad to see a long time player get tossed. We will always remember cheering as he went deep, outrunning everyone. Now, he has gotten much slower and is still a mediocre route runner at best. His time has long since passed but the memories live on. Thanks DH, but don't let the door hit you in the a$% on the way out. lolol j/k.

:smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom