So is the Devery Henderson era over? (2 Viewers)

I remember when we wanted that era to begin. I don't think he caught a pass in his rookie year.

I don't think Devery was good enough to have his own era.

I lol'd, but he was money in the Superbowl. I'll always give him credit for that. But realistically, it's time to get someone who can better create separation.

I hope it's over.

I don't think Devery was good enough to have his own era.

Devery made huge plays, often when other WRs were injured or missing during the game. He deserves the Superbowl ring that he has and is a big part of the organization's success. I am glad that the Saints are not as fickle as some fans. It may be time for the Saints and Devery to part ways but we will need to replace the deep threat dimension that he provided for so many years. He's not a pro bowler, but he played 10 seasons in the NFL for 1 team. That's pretty awesome.

The Saints have to find the guy, or 2, who can stretch the field for both the passing game and the run game. Our offense was at its best when Meachem and Devery were productive. Colston, Moore Graham and Morgan won't be enough going into the season.

I was a little bit surprised that they brought Dev back last off-season instead of Meach. I like Henderson but he was almost invisible last season. Meachem was too I guess but he always played well in our system. Seems like he still had some upside.

My favorite play by him was the block on John Abraham on Chris Ivory's amazing TD run. just obliterated the guy 50 pounds heavier than himself.

oh and the catch that broke Unitas's record

Devery made huge plays, often when other WRs were injured or missing during the game. He deserves the Superbowl ring that he has and is a big part of the organization's success. I am glad that the Saints are not as fickle as some fans. It may be time for the Saints and Devery to part ways but we will need to replace the deep threat dimension that he provided for so many years. He's not a pro bowler, but he played 10 seasons in the NFL for 1 team. That's pretty awesome.

The Saints have to find the guy, or 2, who can stretch the field for both the passing game and the run game. Our offense was at its best when Meachem and Devery were productive. Colston, Moore Graham and Morgan won't be enough going into the season.

Please don't overstate 32 catches. If he went to Michigan, saints fans would not have accepted his production level.

He had me eating crow during the '09 playoffs..... but disappearing after that only proves that he wasn't living up to his:ability.

Devery was our best run blocking wr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

And we still couldn't run so that mattered a lot.

At the end of the day he's a wide receiver and his production last year was pitiful.

And we still couldn't run so that mattered a lot.

At the end of the day he's a wide receiver and his production last year was pitiful.

I don't disagree. But I do think his blocking has kept him on the field this long. Also, it isn't fair to generalize the run game and dismiss a players skill set for the failure of an entire unit. At any rate, his time is likely up. Nick Toon will start this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please don't overstate 32 catches. If he went to Michigan, saints fans would not have accepted his production level.

He had me eating crow during the '09 playoffs..... but disappearing after that only proves that he wasn't living up to his:ability.

I agree that he could have performed better, especially after '09. However, some people are throwing him under the bus when he helped us win a Superbowl and it's hard to find WR's in the NFL that both come cheap and are team players. He has hit a wall in terms of his career though. I wonder if he retires or tries to play elsewhere.

Devery had a role and he played it well. You think Colston, Shockey, Moore, Jimmy and all those guys would be racking up those catches without Devery out there? His run blocking was great and I loved when he came in for chip blocks and would decleat linemen.

Sure his stats werent mind blowing but he played an important roll for our team. I wish him well.

He'll be back, most likely for a one year deal. Only because our young W/O's (Toon, Morgan, etc.) are not completely implemented in the offense yet. Toon because of his injury. Folks lets not forget Devery was a huge part of our offense over the years, he lead the league in ypc for several years. In the Super Bowl season dude had a 50 yard reception avg. the year before that it was 49. Don't write him off just yet

I get what you are saying. I believe Henderson was a good player for maybe two or three years straight. But I believe, being a good run blocker aside, that he was merely a product of the system. I don't remember him doing much of anything last year. He disappeared. In training camp, people were complaining that he wasn't showing much, and everyone brushed it of... but his performance confirmed he is no longer an adequate starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom