So, it boils down to this (1 Viewer)

If the offense plays at 75% of the level they did against Oakland, and the defense plays at 50% of the level they showed at New York, there's not a team in the league that can beat them.

Don't forget special teams in that equation. Special teams can win or lose you the game - especially when a team is winning or losing with a slim point margin.

If we win these next 2 games I have hope.

Having Breaux, PJ, and Moore at CB along with Rankins coming back will make a huge difference.

Not to mention Fleener and Thomas getting more time with Drew.

Also think we can do better than 3-3 in the south.

Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. You might regret it.

I don't expect to get to 10-6, but anything is possible.

If the offense plays at 75% of the level they did against Oakland, and the defense plays at 50% of the level they showed at New York, there's not a team in the league that can beat them.

Now, how do they get that type of performance consistently from a young team? That's the million dollar question.

Not to be a debby Downer here, but one other factor to compete with that will cost us at least a game or two is the blowing the timeouts. This is on coaches and has to be addressed so we at least have a better chance to finish these close games. . . . I won't even get into our special games.

We can go 14-2, you just don't know. It's the NFL and anything can happen. We can finish 2-14, 14-2, or somewhere in between. One game at a time. Let's get to 1-2 and see how we feel after that.

We're 0-2.

In order to finish 10-6, which doesn't guarantee us anything, we must go 10-4 for the remainder of the season.

Let's say we split our division games 3-3, that puts us at 3-5 overall.

I'll go out on a limb and give us victories over the 49ers, Rams, and Lions, that puts us at 6-5, five games to go.

That means we must go 4-1 against the remaining teams on our schedule. They are...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!

OK, I'll play the game, but the other side. The Saints could just as easily be 2-0 now and people would be counting the games the team would need to make the playoffs or win the division. I recognize the teams' shortcomings, but assume for a minute that they don't go 3-3 in the division, but rather sweep Atlanta, Tampa AND Carolina. That makes them 6-2 and they just need to play .500 ball against the rest of the schedule. So they lose a division game -- then they need to win just one more of the non-division games. This assumes that 10 wins is the goal, but I am in it for the division regardless of how many wins that takes. Carolina isn't invincible.

With those remaining non-divisional games, we will have to do much better than split within the division. Losing both of these first two 'winnable' games creates a bigger hole to have to climb from than in most years past.

Finishing with a winning season this year would definitely be beyond amazing. :sad:

With those remaining non-divisional games, we will have to do much better than split within the division. Losing both of these first two 'winnable' games creates a bigger hole to have to climb from than in most years past.

Finishing with a winning season this year would definitely be beyond amazing. :sad:
Ri

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

You live in a fantasy land if you think "they" are just gonna tank the season after TWO mother ******* games? This isn't Madden where you start a .new franchise or season at the touch of a triangle or x. There is a ton of work that goes on in even preparing for a season much less getting through a 16 game schedule. The judgement period ended when they made the team now the performance needs to improve.

Where did i say they are going to tank purposely? Oh thats right nowhere. Maybe reread what i wrote because what youve responded with here has nothing to do with what i was saying. Madden being anywhere in the conversation doesnt even dignify a response. Honestly before you fly off the handle maybe you should understand what you've just read first. Lol.

We're 0-2.

In order to finish 10-6, which doesn't guarantee us anything, we must go 10-4 for the remainder of the season.

Let's say we split our division games 3-3, that puts us at 3-5 overall.

I'll go out on a limb and give us victories over the 49ers, Rams, and Lions, that puts us at 6-5, five games to go.

That means we must go 4-1 against the remaining teams on our schedule. They are...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!

This point is very well illustrated SuperSaint... I used it in my show last night...

Job well done...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!

Why is that ridiculous? Seattle is not what they once were. KC and SD both look shaky at times and are solid but flawed teams. Now Denver and Az are obviously great teams. I'm not saying we will run the table or anything, but if the team can ever get on the same page they can make some noise.

Also, no one appears to be running away with the division this year. Even after all this if we get some breaks this week the Saints could go into week 4 on top of the NFC South.

I'm at least waiting for the bye week to declare the season over. If we get there at 2-2 then there's a shot we make a strong run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom