So, it boils down to this (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
We're 0-2.

In order to finish 10-6, which doesn't guarantee us anything, we must go 10-4 for the remainder of the season.

Let's say we split our division games 3-3, that puts us at 3-5 overall.

I'll go out on a limb and give us victories over the 49ers, Rams, and Lions, that puts us at 6-5, five games to go.

That means we must go 4-1 against the remaining teams on our schedule. They are...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!

How did you decide on 10?

I'm still seeing if this will be another 7-9 season. 5 winning seasons and 5 losing seasons since drew arrived, waiting to see who breaks the tie.

when we get DB and Rankins back we go undefeated. now that is being optimistic

To have a chance at the playoffs, we need to fight our way back to 4-4. That means "must win" games against the Falcons and Chargers, and then we need to pull out all the stops against the Panthers. Seahawks and Broncos are not must-wins (unless we lost the other must-wins).

In the latter half of the season, we get Rankins and Breaux back. If things start to click then a 6-2 finish in the latter 8 games is not out of the question.

And then we would have momentum to go from there...

Yup!! Exactly what ive been saying in the other threads, someone said hey we are 0-2 but i think we go 10-6!!! Where are those wins coming from!?

These first three games were the games we should be winning to build confidence, to help with the daunting schedule ahead. Instead we've blown the first two and lets face it division games against the clowns are never easy and we could end up being 0-3. If that happens its gonna get really ugly, because are schedule is absolutely brutal.

I had us at 5-11, now im thinking more along the 3-13 line... we are a young team and there have been improvements. I think we get in the top 5 draft picks next draft and next year make a run at the playoffs. This year is definitely going to be a rebuilding and refocusing. It may not be pretty but i think it will turn next year... we will get a top 5 defensive player in the draft to pair with Rankins, and then maybe be ready to challenge.

No matter how positive you want to be, you look at our schedule, thats hard to positively spin that.

we're not going 10-6, but this season isn't about that anyway. it's a wasted season in context, but it's going to be a solid setup for bigger things next season.

I don't expect to get to 10-6, but anything is possible.

If the offense plays at 75% of the level they did against Oakland, and the defense plays at 50% of the level they showed at New York, there's not a team in the league that can beat them.

Now, how do they get that type of performance consistently from a young team? That's the million dollar question.

All 3 of our starting corners are hurt. 2 are done for the season. We aren't doing anything this year.

My concern lays in HOW the team will fare against the Panthers. Good performances, even with defeats, may mean good times to come in the next seasons.

I think we beat Tamp and Atlanta twice each and split the series with Carolina. Our defense even minus the corners is decent, say 15-20th in the NFL. They'll get better as a unit and we'll get some players back. I think we're a good enough team on both sides of the ball that those 7 remaining home games are all winnable. That still might not get us 10 wins but I have a suspicion that Carolina isn't going to throttle the NFC south this year, they look beatable, especially if Cam picks up some injuries along the way.

I feel sorry for anyone trying to be optimistic for this season. Get your hopes up and get them crushed. There are still reasons to watch the games however. The Saints do but up good effort (Not everyone) and Drew Brees is always fun to watch. We are building for next year though and thats where my mindset is. I won't be so heart broken when the inevitable losses come then.

That's what happens when your team can't ever start strong. You dig a hole and then work for the rest of the season to get out of it instead of working for the division title or playoffs.

All we ever seem to do is play catch-up, every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom