So, it boils down to this (3 Viewers)

How did you decide on 10?

I know we have seen 8-8, 7-9 teams make it, but I guess 10-6 can be considered the "standard" for playoff aspirations, not only to get in, but to feel the team has a realistic shot at advancing.

I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm afraid they'll clean house if that happens.

Well i think it depends on where they agreed they should be at the end of the season... if they agreed this is a rebuilding year, and not expected to make too much noise with the real focus on challenging next year. If thats the case then it wouldnt surprise me if they kept it the same through next year. With our schedule and the status of alot of our line up etc. id say they may be already just considering this year a wash and judgement period for some of these young guys.

The team isn't doing much more than .500 ball this season, but I'm one who was actually somewhat pleased with the play the first two weeks despite the results.

That said, my response was more to the OP comments about reaching 10-6 and going 3-3 in the division. I think the only shot the team has at a good season is to go 5-1 in the division. Atlanta and Tampa can be swept and you need to win one against Carolina.

If you go 5-1 in the division at this point then you're sitting here assuming you beat Detroit and LA at home to get to 7 wins and get more NFC wins.

From there it's a matter of winning 3 out of SEA, DEN, @KC, @SD, @LA, @ARZ... I think the San Diego game is a must because 2-2 sounds a lot more better than 1-3 (although it worked in 2000). The Rams is the next easiest game and then maybe one of the SEA/DEN home games.

But they have to steal wins in the division, no other way of doing anything this season.

We're 0-2.

In order to finish 10-6, which doesn't guarantee us anything, we must go 10-4 for the remainder of the season.

Let's say we split our division games 3-3, that puts us at 3-5 overall.

I'll go out on a limb and give us victories over the 49ers, Rams, and Lions, that puts us at 6-5, five games to go.

That means we must go 4-1 against the remaining teams on our schedule. They are...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!

With those remaining non-divisional games, we will have to do much better than split within the division. Losing both of these first two 'winnable' games creates a bigger hole to have to climb from than in most years past.

Finishing with a winning season this year would definitely be beyond amazing. :sad:

All 3 of our starting corners are hurt. 2 are done for the season. We aren't doing anything this year.
Oh yes they will, as soon as their eliminated from playoffs, they'll screw it up and and try to win games and fall outside the top 10 again in the draft for what a 7-9 record <S>#</S>Saints...Saints are more worried about Drew breaking records than winning games.As soon as they lost yesterday they tweeted this >> :jpshakehead:

Drew Brees (<S>@</S>Saints) passed Dan Marino for 3rd-most passing yards in NFL history, trailing P. Manning & Favre.

Oh yes they will, as soon as their eliminated from playoffs, they'll screw it up and and try to win games and fall outside the top 10 again in the draft for what a 7-9 record <S>#</S>Saints...Saints are more worried about Drew breaking records than winning games.As soon as they lost yesterday they tweeted this >> :jpshakehead:

Are they supposed to not acknowledge that Drew moved up on the career passing yards list, passing an all time great, because they lost the game? He only needed like 35 yards to break the record. If you really think that they actually care more about Drew breaking records than winning games, you've lost your mind. Drew is way too competitive for that. He's already said 100 times he'd take winning the game over breaking a record.

Also, they tweeted that in the first quarter right when the record was broken, not after the game.

:jpshakehead:

They also retweeted this right after the game:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I hate losing!!! So close as a team, we have to finish out the close games! Our resolve is strong we will come together <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhoDat?src=hash">#WhoDat</a></p>&mdash; cameron jordan (@camjordan94) <a href="https://twitter.com/camjordan94/status/777633862260256768">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where's the complaints about this?

If we can go .500 until Breaux and Rankins come back. And if they come back when expected, I think we've got a small chance at getting hot and backing into the playoffs.

The only thing the team can do right now is try to win the next game. This is a team that needs to learn how to win before we can even talk about winning streaks or playoffs.

We can prove something in the division still. Bucs and Falcons are still sweepable (they stink), and we may be able to steal a win from Carolina. That's what I will be watching for.

Well i think it depends on where they agreed they should be at the end of the season... if they agreed this is a rebuilding year, and not expected to make too much noise with the real focus on challenging next year. If thats the case then it wouldnt surprise me if they kept it the same through next year. With our schedule and the status of alot of our line up etc. id say they may be already just considering this year a wash and judgement period for some of these young guys.

You live in a fantasy land if you think "they" are just gonna tank the season after TWO [Mod edit "thinly veiled profanity :nono:] games? This isn't Madden where you start a .new franchise or season at the touch of a triangle or x. There is a ton of work that goes on in even preparing for a season much less getting through a 16 game schedule. The judgement period ended when they made the team now the performance needs to improve.

It is pretty clear that once AGAIN we are not a playoff team and well over all not all that good. Even though as fans that is painful and frustrating to yet again have to realize.

Hopefully, we see some improvement from some younger guys and we don't make a complete mess of yet another offseason and next year we go into the season in a better spot then we are now as we really lack talent in multiple areas.

We're 0-2.

In order to finish 10-6, which doesn't guarantee us anything, we must go 10-4 for the remainder of the season.

Let's say we split our division games 3-3, that puts us at 3-5 overall.

I'll go out on a limb and give us victories over the 49ers, Rams, and Lions, that puts us at 6-5, five games to go.

That means we must go 4-1 against the remaining teams on our schedule. They are...

San Diego
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Arizona

RIDICULOUS!!!
giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom