So long Gamespy and 1UP :( (1 Viewer)

I thought IGN got a little bloated. it used to be my favorite gaming site, then it just was too much overload.

I can't remember gamespy... I think I went there.

Visited 1up quite a bit, but not recently. The tone of their articles changed, and I didn't trust the reviews.

Its IGN & Gamespot for me. And Kotaku, of course.

ign was good before and around the time they bought vault networks. vnboards were excellent until the mid-00s and the vault sites were some of the best. then you could see them focus more energy on building the ign brand and what had seemed like a good purchase of gamespy, went sour pretty quickly. not that it was that big of deal since the only positive of gamespy was to play quakeworld back in the 90s. plus since news corp bought up ign, it has been even more crap. 1up hasn't been 1up in the whole time ign has owned them. rotten tomatoes was the same way (glad that they sold them off a few years back). ign cares only about making money through ad revenue on their sites and very little about quality content.

i pretty much just stick to kotaku, and sadly sr, for my reviews.

I don't trust the actual write-ups on IGN, but it does seem easy to find the promo/early gameplay vids there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom