So, Malcom Jenkins is not in the Draft? (1 Viewer)

That's true but if we are looking at things realistically, Baltimore is not likely to take Dorsey because they have no need for him in the 3-4 defense that they run. He would be forced to play end, which would take away from his effectiveness.

Also, Talib is solid but not spectacular. He has some good games but he also has had some lousy games. Jordy Nelson lit him up when they went head-to-head. Also, he has some questions about this speed and will have to prove that he's faster than what scouts believe him to be. I do not believe that there is an elite, can't-miss CB in this draft. There are several guys I like who I believe can be productive players, heck even probowl players in the right system with the right development. But there is no CB that just "wows" you in this draft. Two guys to keep an eye on are Leodis McKelvin and Dominque Rogers-Cromartie. I think Mike Jenkins is an excellent cover corner, but he must become a more aggressive tackler and run defender if he is to develop into being a complete, all-around CB.

the same could have been said about deion sanders!

Cason = Chevis Jackson

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
WHAT! your umm kidding right? ....... oh ur an lsu fan........nevermind

national champs baby! but cason is a wayyyyyyyy better corner than jackson. antoin cason = day one pick chevis jackson=day two pick

unless cason runs a 4.6 hes a day one guy, jackson can run a 4.3 and still be a daytwo guy sorry bro.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
WHAT! your umm kidding right? ....... oh ur an lsu fan........nevermind

national champs baby! but cason is a wayyyyyyyy better corner than jackson. antoin cason = day one pick chevis jackson=day two pick

unless cason runs a 4.6 hes a day one guy, jackson can run a 4.3 and still be a daytwo guy sorry bro.
Watch.

The Pro Day workouts are yet upon us, so who knows how he'll clock, but the word is that he's not as fast as originally thought. We know Chevis doesn't have that top end speed that elite CB's have, but he has a great break on the ball, has good size, plays physical and finds the ball in the air well. He just lacks that top end speed you like to see.

If he runs a 4.5 (which he should) he'll be no worse than a second round pick. As it stands, the consensus is that he's he's no worse than a third round pick. I don't know where you get your information from regarding him being a second day pick, but it's obviously not a reputable source.

Personally, I think that you're confusing Chevis Jackson with Jonathan Zenon.

Watch.

The Pro Day workouts are yet upon us, so who knows how he'll clock, but the word is that he's not as fast as originally thought. We know Chevis doesn't have that top end speed that elite CB's have, but he has a great break on the ball, has good size, plays physical and finds the ball in the air well. He just lacks that top end speed you like to see.

If he runs a 4.5 (which he should) he'll be no worse than a second round pick. As it stands, the consensus is that he's he's no worse than a third round pick. I don't know where you get your information from regarding him being a second day pick, but it's obviously not a reputable source.

Personally, I think that you're confusing Chevis Jackson with Jonathan Zenon.

third round is day two! id be completely shocked if he goes in the second round to anyone, i mean he looked pretty average in the senior bowl, and as a prospect hes just not on antoine's level.

i dont have him confused, but i think your giving him a little too much credit. i like the guy but hes not on casons level. if cason runs fast he'll jump over mike jenkins as the top corner in this draft. he has very good man to man cover skills and is considered by many to be the best corner to come out of az since chris mcallister. do your research on cason and youll see what i mean.

Day One is rounds 1-3. Day 2 is rounds 4-7.

Don't tell me about research when you can get one of the most widely known details about the NFL Draft. You should question all of your own opinions now or at the very least, stop posting before you embarrass yourself more.

I have seen Cason play several times. He's a good CB. He and Chevis are virtually identical, except Cason looks to be a bit faster. However, recent reports are that he's not as fast as advertised. He has good ball skills, but I haven't seen him play any better than what I have seen Jackson play.

Like I said, we'll see. I'm perfectly willing to let the combine and scouts decide while you try to figure out which days are which during the draft...

If Laurinitis and Jenkins go back to OSU, it's probably because they found out that they would not be picked in the first 15 picks. These guys get information from the NFL about when they will likely be drafted before they make their decisions.

Laurinitis is no A.J. Hawk, Poslunzsky or Patrick Willis. He would be a nice MLB, but not worth a top 10 pick. I think the same is true of Jenkins.

Hopefully a great defensive player falls to us. If not, maybe a great offensive player does or we trade down.

wasnt piece of work a 2nd round pick

Don't tell me about research when you can get one of the most widely known details about the NFL Draft. You should question all of your own opinions now or at the very least, stop posting before you embarrass yourself more.

I have seen Cason play several times. He's a good CB. He and Chevis are virtually identical, except Cason looks to be a bit faster. However, recent reports are that he's not as fast as advertised. He has good ball skills, but I haven't seen him play any better than what I have seen Jackson play.

Like I said, we'll see. I'm perfectly willing to let the combine and scouts decide while you try to figure out which days are which during the draft...

I like Jackson's size and ball instincts. The only thing that gets me is his physical play. I've heard reports from the Senior bowl practices said he would get flagged all the time in the NFL the way he plays. So can he still be productive without being so physical? We already know he is 4.6ish in the speed department already.

BTW the NFL changed the draft days up. I think 3rd round is on day 2 now. Or did the 3rd round use to be on day 2 and now is on day 1?

I've got Jackson pegged as a 3rd rounder with a decent combine. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. Hes no worse of a reach then Usama Young in the 3rd.

Day one has always been rounds 1-3 since they went to the seven round format. I am not aware of any change this year. Next year they will change Day one to include the first two rounds only, with ten minutes to make a choice in the first round (previously 15) and seven minutes in the second round (previously ten). This was announced a couple weeks ago after a league meeting.

I'm sure there's an article somewhere around here...

Jackson is going to get flagged for his fair share his rookie year for sure. Mike McKenzie has a similar style. Neither have top end speed, but use their strength and size to slow receivers down. Both get burned occasionally, but I am still waiting for a CB that doesn't.

If Cason runs a 4.4/40 and Jackson runs a 4.6/40, I'll certainly change my opinion...

Day one has always been rounds 1-3 since they went to the seven round format. I am not aware of any change this year. Next year they will change Day one to include the first two rounds only, with ten minutes to make a choice in the first round (previously 15) and seven minutes in the second round (previously ten). This was announced a couple weeks ago after a league meeting.

I'm sure there's an article somewhere around here...

Jackson is going to get flagged for his fair share his rookie year for sure. Mike McKenzie has a similar style. Neither have top end speed, but use their strength and size to slow receivers down. Both get burned occasionally, but I am still waiting for a CB that doesn't.

If Cason runs a 4.4/40 and Jackson runs a 4.6/40, I'll certainly change my opinion...

"Beginning with next year's draft, only Rounds 1 and 2 will take place on Saturday (April 26), the first day of the draft. Previously, the first three rounds of the draft were conducted on Saturday.

The 2008 NFL Draft will be conducted on Saturday and Sunday, April 26-27 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and televised by NFL Network and ESPN."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jses...d8038bf0a&template=without-video&confirm=true

Thanks. I like that they've chopped five and two minutes off the first and second rounds, but I don't like seeing the 3rd round on the second day. A lot of good players are picked in the third round and a lot of people don't bother watching the second day.

Thanks. I like that they've chopped five and two minutes off the first and second rounds, but I don't like seeing the 3rd round on the second day. A lot of good players are picked in the third round and a lot of people don't bother watching the second day.

i was told that the changes were going to take place this year, even with day one being picks 1-3 i still doubt jackson gets picked on dayone. hes good but hes near the bottom half of a pretty good corner class. im not hating on the guy, i just disagree that he is equal to cason in ability.

its cool that u like lsu, hell im from new orleans and i pull for the tigers no what. when its comes to drafting pro prospects i have no favorites i only want the best players to play for my team(go saints!)

im completly aware of the draft structure, if you seen cason play and u still think he and jackson same then that your opinion(and probably yours alone). in college cason was a shutdown corner, pac 10 teams rarely threw his way. i watched alot of this kid because my uncle kept telling me to watch him and i was impressed. this kid looks to me to be the real deal, jackson on the other hand looks good but even in the title game osu tried him deep on several occasions. did jackson get burned? no he played well but osu qb and recievers arent that great. my point is teams wouldnt even try cason like that, he really comanded other teams respect.

lets just say you were a gm, based on the info you gathered on both players would you really take jackson ahead of cason?

im completly aware of the draft structure, if you seen cason play and u still think he and jackson same then that your opinion(and probably yours alone). in college cason was a shutdown corner, pac 10 teams rarely threw his way. i watched alot of this kid because my uncle kept telling me to watch him and i was impressed. this kid looks to me to be the real deal, jackson on the other hand looks good but even in the title game osu tried him deep on several occasions. did jackson get burned? no he played well but osu qb and recievers arent that great. my point is teams wouldnt even try cason like that, he really comanded other teams respect.

lets just say you were a gm, based on the info you gathered on both players would you really take jackson ahead of cason?
Well, like I have said before there isn't enough information out on either of them. There are rumors that Cason is not as fast as he's supposed to be. How is he in run support? I know his freshman year he had an awful lot of tackles, but that doesn't really tell the entire story.

I know that Jackson is very physical and is never overpowered by receivers. He gets beat deep occasionally because he likes to gamble, but in college that has paid off for him. He appears to have very good instincts, he reads the QB exceptionally well and a great break on the ball.

Let's see what they run...

Well, like I have said before there isn't enough information out on either of them. There are rumors that Cason is not as fast as he's supposed to be. How is he in run support? I know his freshman year he had an awful lot of tackles, but that doesn't really tell the entire story.

I know that Jackson is very physical and is never overpowered by receivers. He gets beat deep occasionally because he likes to gamble, but in college that has paid off for him. He appears to have very good instincts, he reads the QB exceptionally well and a great break on the ball.

Let's see what they run...

check out these links and tell me what u think...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/wildcat-star-antoine-cason/1998884791

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/draft-preview-antoine-cason/2172877552

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqpwn6HUvIg

i think cason is a very good tackler in run support, and he shows a nasty streak when tackling recievers. from looking at tape idk why scouts think cason has speed issues he always lined up in tight man 2 man.

now in jacksons case i can see why they my label him as a cover 2 guy in the pros. in the youtube video hes alway lined up 7-10 yards off his guy. hes physical and has great ball skills but i would be afraid to have him on an island in the pros. he was good in man to man in college but i think jackson projects better in a cover 2 system. jackson kinda reminds me of daymeion hughes(07), and marlin jackson(05) both drafted by the colts, both played man 2 man in college.

the youtube video has a pretty anoying cowboy fan doing alot of talking. he really seems to like jackson alot, some of the comments he makes is well..... you'll see :ezbill:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom