So many obvious no calls tonight... (1 Viewer)

Idc. Cam is cocky. I was hoping this thread would be filled with gifs :mwink:

Found one...

pj7xx0trluxxucq3mev0.gif

That DB led with his shoulder and Cam ducked into the hit.

You can't call that.

You can't call that.

he was aiming too high. had he been about a foot lower ( aiming for midsection - form tackle ) it would have been no call.

He led with crown and arms tucked instead of out for wrap up. Thats classic targeting.

I HATE Cam and his faux role play about being hurt, but those two gifs clearly show targeting. The Marshall one ..he launched himself under his chinstrap.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

some guys gonna get fined today.....when you slow those down like that they definitely look like launching with the crown of the helmet.

The hands to the face was technically callable there, but I agree that the Panthers player grabbed the facemask first and it should of offset at worst.

Secondly, you just can't make a call like that on the game deciding (or almost) 4th and 22 snap when it otherwise would of had no effect on the play anyway.

I agree, it occurred at the line of scrimmage and had no bearing on the play. If it was blantant pass interference that effected a catch, I'm fine with it. But a ticky tack call when they were both doing it that had no bearing on the play and easily coulda been a game changing call is outrageous.

I've always hated that rule. A defense gets an offense in a third and a mile situation and they get a Get Out of Jail Free card. I know we've benefitted from it many times, it's just too lopsided to give a free first down. And it's too easy to call it for very minor infractions.

On the subject of shots to Cam's head, I think there will controversy all year with him. Questionable calls will go both ways. First, he runs a read option and Rivera does let him run a lot. That blurs the line in getting the benefit of the doubt as he'll want to have it both ways. Second, his height almost automatically creates helmet-to-helmet collisions. But that doesn't excuse some of the blatant head shots he took last night. I'm saying he'll get some calls just because when he dips his head before contact, he's not at shoulder pad level, but helmet level instead.

The rules just keep getting more and more interpretive and enforcement of them is so inconsistent and all over the place.

You can't call that.

Looked the same way to me. I saw 2 that we penalty worthy. In first quarter am go slapped in head. It's a penalty but hardly every called. And the Marshall hit.

Looked the same way to me. I saw 2 that we penalty worthy. In first quarter am go slapped in head. It's a penalty but hardly every called. And the Marshall hit.

It's the same as the Drew hit a couple years back against the 49ers. It's incumbent on the defense to not make contact to the head. It doesn't matter if the QB changed position at the last minute.

He should be aiming for the chest/midsection.

Now, you can dislike the rule, but that's the rule. All 3 of the hits were fouls.

It is more difficult to ref Cam, though, because it's a gray area sometimes. Is he a runner or is he a passer...

You can't call that.

I hate Cam, but I dont think he was ducking - thats just the normal motion of his body as he throws.

The only good thing about all the no-calls on the Broncos means that by the time they play us, they might be getting a fair bit of ticky tack calls as a result of over-officiating.

The *bad* thing is that Cam might be getting more calls now.

Right, but not consistently using calls to try to get a particular team to win.

The NFL doesn't have some evil master plan to get the panthers to win all their games through calls that benefit the panthers. Yes, some people actually indicate that they believe something along that line.

That play would never happen, had the ref not thrown the flag on the 4th and 22 (Hands to the face BS). The game would have been over.

he was aiming too high. had he been about a foot lower ( aiming for midsection - form tackle ) it would have been no call.

He led with crown and arms tucked instead of out for wrap up. Thats classic targeting.

I HATE Cam and his faux role play about being hurt, but those two gifs clearly show targeting. The Marshall one ..he launched himself under his chinstrap.

I completely disagree. He was trying to knock the snot out of Cam by hitting him at rib height. He was trying to hit him with his left shoulder and had his head to the side just as we were taught.

The Marshall hit was bad. No argument.

The *bad* thing is that Cam might be getting more calls now.

Cam isn't going to get more calls. He's been complaining for years about not being treated equally, and the calls haven't changed.

What needs to change is him staying in the pocket. That's where he'll get the calls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom