So many obvious no calls tonight... (2 Viewers)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know that ain't happening Sunday.

Two questions:
The hands to face penalty on Denver to extend the last drive. The hands to the face looked mutual. Is the offense allowed to put hands to the face, like the stiff arm rule?

And what kicks in the concussion protocols? That was a brutal head shot to Cam and he looked dazed.

Not whining, just asking.

And the people whining about the people whining about the people whining about the referees

It's not the NFL unless we get people whining about people whining about the people whining about the people whining about the referees.

I'm not even sure who I'm whining about anymore.

Two questions:
The hands to face penalty on Denver to extend the last drive. The hands to the face looked mutual. Is the offense allowed to put hands to the face, like the stiff arm rule?

And what kicks in the concussion protocols? That was a brutal head shot to Cam and he looked dazed.

Not whining, just asking.

Technically both should be flagged but on hands to the face, like most penalties, the WR gets the benefit of the doubt. Also, on that play the ref that tossed was way downfield and wouldn't have seen the hands to the face of the defender.

There is an NFL official on both sidelines that chooses when to put a player in the protocol. Oddly, Cam seems immune to that rule. Last year he was verified concussed after the game when it was obvious he had his bell rung. This game, he certainly should have been looked at, but reasons.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The hands to the face was technically callable there, but I agree that the Panthers player grabbed the facemask first and it should of offset at worst.

Secondly, you just can't make a call like that on the game deciding (or almost) 4th and 22 snap when it otherwise would of had no effect on the play anyway.

it was made completely obvious tonight that if you're ever late in the game and need 20+ yards on 4th down it only makes sense to go for it and count on the PI to get 5 yards and automatic 1st. Every OC in the NFL needs to have that as a play in the playbook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom