So many obvious no calls tonight... (1 Viewer)

Refs should never decide the game, that 4th and 22 was so ticky tack you cant call it in tbat situation.

To the announcers credit, they ecen questioned the concussion protocol on Cam

I mean...do people actually believe that the refs purposely try to give teams certain advantages in order to reach some nefarious goal?

Seems silly to me. But what do I know? :rolleyes:

I don't know if they do, but wouldn't be surprised at all to find out some of them do. It's rare for any institution not to be tainted with some level of corruption.

The whole "Cam should be treated like a QB" thing REALLY gets me going.

How in the **** are you going to have a guy built like a RB, runs almost as much as an RB, ***** that he gets hit like a RB? And that doesn't start only when he passes the LoS. If you're going to do that, the defense should have a right to hit you like a RB.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

it was made completely obvious tonight that if you're ever late in the game and need 20+ yards on 4th down it only makes sense to go for it and count on the PI to get 5 yards and automatic 1st. Every OC in the NFL needs to have that as a play in the playbook.
Lol.

On one hand I agree.

On the other hand, like Browner, that **** won't fly in NOLA. They would call hands to the face on one of our WRs or something.

Idc. Cam is cocky. I was hoping this thread would be filled with gifs :mwink:

Found one...

pj7xx0trluxxucq3mev0.gif

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Refs should never decide the game, that 4th and 22 was so ticky tack you cant call it in tbat situation.

To the announcers credit, they ecen questioned the concussion protocol on Cam

The ref clearly bet the over (41.5)

It looked to me like the Refs were still in Pre-Season form.

I do believe that there may be fines handed out this week and that Cam should have been pulled from the game by the doctors to undergo the concussion protocol. I am just not sure how you can tell if Cam does have a concussion, does he not remove his cape correctly?

I thought many of the penalties were a bit off, but overall I was very happy with the result of the game.

The hands to the face was technically callable there, but I agree that the Panthers player grabbed the facemask first and it should of offset at worst.

Secondly, you just can't make a call like that on the game deciding (or almost) 4th and 22 snap when it otherwise would of had no effect on the play anyway.

I agree, it occurred at the line of scrimmage and had no bearing on the play. If it was blantant pass interference that effected a catch, I'm fine with it. But a ticky tack call when they were both doing it that had no bearing on the play and easily coulda been a game changing call is outrageous.

If the NBA had a dirty ref, than the NFL does. What makes them any better or different than the NBA ? In fact, there are more refs in the NFL, so the odds are higher. I have been saying this to my friends for years, but they believe that NFL refs are above reproach. It just takes one or two well placed calls or flags to change a spread or outcome of a game. No one will ever change my mind on this. Too many weird calls happen.

After seeing those shots to the head posted here... I feel bad for Cam. :fit2:

Or do I?

Seriously. I went to bed at halftime, but I saw a couple of times in the first half where he was looking for a flag when there was no foul. he probably annoyed the refs.
Also, on many run plays... he was the lead blocker on a couple of option type plays and he took some cheap shots on Denver.
He gave some and he took some.

I don't like cheap shots to the head, but Cam needs to learn not to lower his helmet right into the defender's helmet.

I don't know if they do, but wouldn't be surprised at all to find out some of them do. It's rare for any institution not to be tainted with some level of corruption.

Right, but not consistently using calls to try to get a particular team to win.

The NFL doesn't have some evil master plan to get the panthers to win all their games through calls that benefit the panthers. Yes, some people actually indicate that they believe something along that line.

If the NBA had a dirty ref, than the NFL does. What makes them any better or different than the NBA ? In fact, there are more refs in the NFL, so the odds are higher. I have been saying this to my friends for years, but they believe that NFL refs are above reproach. It just takes one or two well placed calls or flags to change a spread or outcome of a game. No one will ever change my mind on this. Too many weird calls happen.

This is correct, whether some want to believe it or not. These guys are all human beings, and all 150+ refs that are hired each and every year aren't all going to be perfect people; it is just statistically improbable.

There are subtle ways each referee can have a major impact on a game. Whether it is spotting the ball short of the first down or giving a first down when the player was obviously short, bad calls, no calls, etc.

I personally know of one ref that frequents Vegas and I have keyed in on some of his games and I don't know, you can just tell the guy is making more mistakes than others.

Even in last night's game, I pointed out a particular ref and said to look out for something "funny" in the closing moments and sure enough, it happened. Or how about the ref that gave Denver that first down in which Emmanuel Sanders was CLEARLY short. He even put the ball down all emphatically and "shady looking," as if he wanted to make sure it was HIS ruling that determined the spot.

My post from last night, literally a few minutes before the 4th and 21 "illegal hands to the face." Dude didn't even hesitate to throw the flag. It was like he couldn't wait to throw a flag on the defense:

Referee #123 on the near side seems shady. Keep an eye on him here in these closing moments. A lot of odd flags and ball placements from him all night.

That said, I don't think there is some league conspiracy theory or anything like that going on to rig certain teams to win. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if there refs, even if just a couple, that bet on games or have side deals to subtly effect games or keep them close within the point spread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom