So Marshall is gone and Ginn may not be quite ready; Time for Trequan Smith and Keith Kirkwood to step up! (1 Viewer)

I usually just linger and read the comments but all this saying we don't have weapons outside of Kamara and MT is just wayyyyy off! It seems like everyone forgets we have one of the best backs in the league, The Beast Mark Ingram. We have plenty of weapons guys! Remember Kamara can play in the slot as a receiver as well with Mark in the backfield. Watson is not a bad tight end and neither is Hill. TQS and Kirkwood are both very serviceable and are rookies that will only get better. We also have a wild card in Taysom. We will be fine. We have one of the if not the greatest qb to ever play and a offensive genius head coach as well. The only concern we have at the moment is our offensive line health. As long as Drew has time we can and will dismantle any defense in the league.
Mark Ingram isn’t a WR

Saints need to run the rock to set up the pass. Also lot of playaction. When the WR number is called they need to step up. Tommy Lee i just dont see how this guy keep sticking around. One hit he goes down. No yac yards. These young WR need to step up there game. When Drew throw to them they need to catch it. Time to put on yo big boy draws.

With the lack of production at receiver other than Michael Thomas you would think Marshall would've gotten a shot. Then I hear he was dealing with a lingering injury...Well if that was the case then why'd they sign him in the the first place???? It just doesn't make any sense

No it doesn't. Pretty frustrating too. Makes one ask what is going on with certain areas of personnel management. I keep seeing others come in and use the Ginn is coming back defense but that's not happening yet either as he is still out. The lack of production at the WR position outside of Thomas is a problem and I don't think Payton has an answer, which is creating this sort of schizophrenic strategy we are doing with players being brought in then released. In the end, the solution unfortunately lies with TQS stepping up along with Kirkwood. IDK what else there is.

I’m hoping that all of the young guys have learned from their mistakes. I’m sure someone is telling them to just get a little separation and to Catch the ball because the GOAT will find them. All the young guys have talent All they need to do now is play within themselves.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned in past thread that they saw TQS live, during a game on the sidelines or whatever, and he seemed soft and aloof. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I can’t help but think about that comment when I’m hoping he emerges. TQS has the most ability of all the guys not named MT13, but if the mental part isn’t strong, he’s going to continue to be wildly inconsistent.

If you had to bet real $ on which guy steps it up in the passing game (excluding MT13 and Kamara) who would it be? TQS, Keith Kirkwood, TLL, Dan Arnold, Watson...? ...Hill?

This thread is like the gameday board.

Yeah, the lack of production from the #2 receiver is concerning. But it’s almost like there’s been a 13 game sample size to expose our weaknesses, and we’ve basically been exposed the least in the entire NFL. It’s also like there’s a high level of parity in the NFL and people start freaking out if we don’t win every game by 50.

It’s also almost as if, our defense has consistently been improving week to week, so even if teams continue to slow down our offense, we should be able to compete/beat anyone.

Personally, I’m less concerned about the receivers and more concerned about the play of the o-line as of late. Whether it’s the loss of Armstead of Peat being banged up, imo the biggest problem has been the o line. Give Drew enough time and suddenly guys like TQS will look as good as he did against the Eagles or Drew will throw 4 tds to 4 UDFAs. I know those games were SO LONG ago who can possibly remember them though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom