So Much For Larry Holder's sources (1 Viewer)

indiansaint01

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I never believed the statement that he released. When Shefter and Glazer reported that Rob Ryan would be the next defensive coordinator of the saints, I took it as a fact. I know they both work for different media outlets but whenever they report something it is always spot on. Hey Larry, I hear Lombardi is looking for an assistant. You need to re-evaluate your sources.

saintlyn8

cool brees
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
eh? What exactly did he say that was wrong? He just said it's not a done deal as far as i know, and he was right. We interviewed other folks, but Rob was always the leading candidate. Unless i missed something where he said that Rob wasn't getting hired...

OP

indiansaint01

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
A source I truly trust says the hiring of Rob Ryan to the #Saints isn't a done deal.

Hagios

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is the string of tweets:

5 Feb Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder
I'm not saying Rob Ryan won't be hired. He may end up being the guy. It's just not a done deal considering there are two interviews. #Saints

Todd Grantham, Rob Ryan to interview for #Saints defensive coordinator job, source says | New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com

A source I truly trust says the hiring of Rob Ryan to the #Saints isn't a done deal.

Yeah, looks like he was spot on.

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I never believed the statement that he released. When Shefter and Glazer reported that Rob Ryan would be the next defensive coordinator of the saints, I took it as a fact. I know they both work for different media outlets but whenever they report something it is always spot on. Hey Larry, I hear Lombardi is looking for an assistant. You need to re-evaluate your sources.
Huh? Larry didnt report anything different. Schefter said we plan to hire Ryan. Larry reported we will be interviewing him and Grantham.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP

indiansaint01

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Why even make a statement on what shefter and glazer were reporting? It didnt add any clarity on the issue.

saintlyn8

cool brees
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why even make a statement on what shefter and glazer were reporting? It didnt add any clarity on the issue.
Because it was absolutely true. At the time it wasn't a done deal, and schefter reported it like it was. We still had other candidates lined up. There was nothing wrong with his statement, and his source was correct. Not sure why you're getting mad at him for this. He informed us correctly.

OP

indiansaint01

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Larry Holder‏@LarryHolder

Romeo Crennel, Rob Ryan sit as top choices for #Saints defensive coordinator job, report says

60minutes

Camp Body
Reaction score
This thread is as pointless as the Falcons having home field advantage in the playoffs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom