So much for that conspiracy. (1 Viewer)

Sorry Rick but I'm not quite convinced that something fishy isn't going on.

Prior to the elections gas prices dropped considerably. Around here we saw gas go below $2 for the first time in a long time. And the prices stayed steady...until after the election when they *surprise* jump 10 cents over the next 2-3 days.

Meanwhile, OPEC is bemoaning the ever decreasing oil prices.

So now the price of oil continues to tumble, yet the gas prices are still where they were after jumping back up after the election? Something just doesn't sound right.

the gas prices here in central Louisiana has been steady for the past few months. Right around 2.10 a gallon. And as a delivery driver I am happy. It is a left wing conspiracy against the right wing to influence the moderates to side with the winner of the socalled moral majority. It is all about the money. I wish I could say more but they are listening to me and reading my posts.

The thing that is a little aggravating is that the price of gas is basically the same now with oil at 55 dollars a barrel as it was when it was 60.

I guess that you have to factor in that refineries cut back on gasoline production and increase heating oil output as the cold weather months approach.

And you have to consider that there will be a lot of cars on the highway for the holidays. It gives the dealers a opportunity to make a little extra profit, kinda like a christmas bonus. :) I am sure that inventories fall and that keeps prices from dropping.

Joe

Last edited:
I heard on the radio the primary place for oil storage in the US is completely full because of drop in demand and that is having a huge effect on the price of oil since there's no place to even keep new supply in the US right now.

Gas climbed .5 a gallon in my area this week but that's normal right before Thanksgiving travel week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom