So much for that McSame's experience (1 Viewer)

To help this thread make it past 1/2 page. Not a slight on you Wamland, moreso towards, uh...who is the Republican candidate again???

j/k y'all...feeling good this morning (or evening there I guess)...heading back to mess with Sabine sommmore...

Psst. Look over your shoulder. I'm stalking you. You know that, right? :mwink:

Actually, the Army Times is not owned by the Army or the Department of Defense.

It is owned by Gannett, which owns USA Today and a lot of other papers.

Servicemen and women are strongly cautioned never to quote or rely on it for anything official. :9:

List of Gannett papers:
http://www.gannett.com/web/newspapers.htm

Psst. Look over your shoulder. I'm stalking you. You know that, right? :mwink:

LOL, y'all keep it up. My team have to go outside the wire today...so this was part of me pumping up before heading out. Will come back on and get in like double-dutch when we get off patrol.

Shiz

Uhhh...hairsplitting...highly misleading...misconstrued Gannett junk.

I can say that. I used to work for Gannett.

Speaking Monday at the annual meeting of the Associated Press, McCain was asked whether he, if elected, would shift combat troops from Iraq to Afghanistan to intensify the search for al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

“I would not do that unless Gen. [David] Petraeus said that he felt that the situation called for that,” McCain said, referring to the top U.S. commander in Iraq.

Petraeus, however, made clear last week that he has nothing to do with the decision. Testifying last week before four congressional committees, including the Senate Armed Services Committee on which McCain is the ranking Republican, Petraeus said the decision about whether troops could be shifted from Iraq to Afghanistan was not his responsibility because his portfolio is limited to the multi-national force in Iraq.

Decisions about Afghanistan would be made by others, he said.

Yes, the decision would be made by the president after consulting with the generals on the ground in Afghanistan AND Iraq.

Nowhere does McCain say that Patreus would make the decision.

The article, specifically the headline, is junk.

FWIW, title's with "McBush" or "McSame" will, in my opinion, do nothing more than stir up partisan rhetoric in response. If you truly don't think that McCain should be President, drop the snide remarks and insults and make you case without them. If you are really looking to make your case for or against a candidate and to convince undecided or moderate voters (posters), you'll get a lot more traction without the partisan name-calling. Otherwise, it just looks like you are trying to stir the pot.

McCain has a room full of neo-cons as his advisors. Anyone seriously considering McCain this election should consider that. When people refer to this being a third term for Bush I tend to believe it being quite valid. I won't go so far as to say that McCain himself is a full-fledged neo-con but alot of people whispering in his ears are. I cannot see myself personally voting for someone associated with the neo-con agenda.

McCain has a room full of neo-cons as his advisors. Anyone seriously considering McCain this election should consider that. When people refer to this being a third term for Bush I tend to believe it being quite valid. I won't go so far as to say that McCain himself is a full-fledged neo-con but alot of people whispering in his ears are. I cannot see myself personally voting for someone associated with the neo-con agenda.

Actually, neo cons don't whisper , they yell.

I'm starting to fear that a McCain presidency would make us long for the days when we had a genius like George W. Bush for President.

Well Tulsa if you want a good compromise, I suggest you vote for Barack Obama. He is classy and has a good head on his shoulders. He is the only Democrat I would even consider voting for. I mean Tulsa I know many hard core liberals, hard core in that they are more vehement in their dislike for Hillary then Bush or Mccain combined. Most people do not like her and do not respect her. They see her as a immoral opportunist who will say anything to get in office.

Just a guy giving his two cents

Last edited:
McCain is virtually a neo-con in the making if he is not already there. McCain's crew and the Presidents are one and the same. McCain also looks to be just as dependent on his aides/cabinet as Bush has been over the last few years with his. I have a slim hope that McCain will not totally sell out to the neocons, but I'm afraid he will capitulate.

Yes, the decision would be made by the president after consulting with the generals on the ground in Afghanistan AND Iraq.

Nowhere does McCain say that Patreus would make the decision.

Sure sounds like it to me.

" “I would not do that unless Gen. [David] Petraeus said that he felt that the situation called for that,”"

McCain's foreign policy verbal blunders are really starting to add up. Everyone trips over their tongue occasionally but the guy seems to have a new one every few days. It may or may not reveal a decline in cognitive ability. The notion that he's starting to lose it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand though.

It’s a shame really. The guy was a great candidate in 99 until the Rove machine smeared him. Instead of a war hero with the wisdom that might have avoided the Iraq debacle, we got….the Dub….and his chicken hawk Veep. Sadly, it may well be that McCain’s best days are but a memory.

Sure sounds like it to me.

" “I would not do that unless Gen. [David] Petraeus said that he felt that the situation called for that,”"

I have to agree with DD on this one. :no:

McCain hasn't said that Petreaus will make the decision. He will listen to advice and maybe make a decision based on Petreaus' input, but McCain didn't say anything about him actually making the decisions.

"Felt" is input and or advice, not a decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom