So much for that McSame's experience (1 Viewer)

I have to agree with DD on this one. :no:

McCain hasn't said that Petreaus will make the decision. He will listen to advice and maybe make a decision based on Petreaus' input, but McCain didn't say anything about him actually making the decisions.

"Felt" is input and or advice, not a decision.

Whether he felt it or not, Patreaus is not responsible for Afghanistan.

McCain's foreign policy verbal blunders are really starting to add up. Everyone trips over their tongue occasionally but the guy seems to have a new one every few days. It may or may not reveal a decline in cognitive ability. The notion that he's starting to lose it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand though.

It’s a shame really. The guy was a great candidate in 99 until the Rove machine smeared him. Instead of a war hero with the wisdom that might have avoided the Iraq debacle, we got….the Dub….and his chicken hawk Veep. Sadly, it may well be that McCain’s best days are but a memory.

:plus-un2:

Whether he felt it or not, Patreaus is not responsible for Afghanistan.

McCain never said he was. The reporter/news agency sought to imply that through the use of a deceptive title and presentation.

Throw that aside and read the original question and read the answer McCain gave. The question was about Afghanistan AND Iraq.

Patreaus is responsible for Iraq and would be consulted regarding the feasibility of moving troops from Iraq to Afghanistan.

McCain never said or implied that Patreaus was responsible for Afghanistan. He never said Patreaus would make the decision about such a move either.

You got spun by the McPaper conglomerate, Wamland.

McPaper (McDonald's Newspaper) is a negative nickname for USA Today and its parent company Gannett, coined by editorial writers who fought to keep their papers out of Gannett's clutches back in the 1980s.

Uhhh...hairsplitting...highly misleading...misconstrued Gannett junk.

I can say that. I used to work for Gannett.

Yes, the decision would be made by the president after consulting with the generals on the ground in Afghanistan AND Iraq.

Nowhere does McCain say that Patreus would make the decision.

The article, specifically the headline, is junk.

This is my understanding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom