So much for that McSame's experience (1 Viewer)

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, he's got experience.....

"McCain reveals confusion over Petraeus role
Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain of Arizona may not have been paying the closest of attention last week during hearings on the Bush administration’s Iraq policy.
Speaking Monday at the annual meeting of the Associated Press, McCain was asked whether he, if elected, would shift combat troops from Iraq to Afghanistan to intensify the search for al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
“I would not do that unless Gen. [David] Petraeus said that he felt that the situation called for that,” McCain said, referring to the top U.S. commander in Iraq.
Petraeus, however, made clear last week that he has nothing to do with the decision. Testifying last week before four congressional committees, including the Senate Armed Services Committee on which McCain is the ranking Republican, Petraeus said the decision about whether troops could be shifted from Iraq to Afghanistan was not his responsibility because his portfolio is limited to the multi-national force in Iraq.
Decisions about Afghanistan would be made by others, he said."

And which "lefty"..."LIBERALE"....rag has this story????

Wait
Wait
Wait...

click>>>>>McCain reveals confusion over Petraeus role - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

If that would have been either Democratic candidate, well you know

McCain name drops every time he doesn't know the answer to a question. Petraeus is easily his favorite name to drop but he does it with the economy, social issues, war and even immigration.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDuirJaVzS8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDuirJaVzS8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I often wonder what Hillary Clinton would think of all this.

j/k BTW wamland

To help this thread make it past 1/2 page. Not a slight on you Wamland, moreso towards, uh...who is the Republican candidate again???

j/k y'all...feeling good this morning (or evening there I guess)...heading back to mess with Sabine sommmore...

clemms, You are right to a large extent. But then again, He never has claimed to be perfect on most things anyway. He has said some things he never should have said and he has been upfront most times on it. I do not say this as one of his lackies or be an apologist, but I respect him trying to be honest and trying to put a front of bi-partisan ship rather then be like Hillary and be open to suggestion and ridicule. Lets face it clemms my man who here on this board trusts Hillary Clinton as our commander in chief and can say it with a straight face. Even hard core liberals do not trust her. that should say a lot right their. I like Obama a lot more as a person and as a person to compare to rather then his rival.

Maybe he just likes Petraeus's advice.

He'd be the C-in-C. He could just reassign Petraeus, pending any requisite Joint Chiefs or Senate protocols.

I'll admit I'd like it better if he had better command of a ton of relevant details. But until he looks like he's doing a lot more drooling than thinking, I'll keep an open mind.

I like a sharp person with some wit as much as the next guy, but being a little short on details doesn't by itself completely disqualify anyone as a leader.

Shizzle, trust me I would vote for Obama if push came to shove. I may not agree with him on policy all the time but the cat has charisma and really is a likable type. McCain, is a deeply flawed man and I admit it too you now. But in the past he has been very honest about his shortcomings and has at least some of my respect for trying to be bi-partisan rather then not be a hack or God only knows what else.

Last edited:
Maybe he just likes Petraeus's advice.

I'll admit I'd like it better if he had better command of a ton of relevant details. But until he looks like he's doing a lot more drooling than thinking, I'll keep an open mind.

I like a sharp person with some wit as much as the next guy, but being a little short on details doesn't by itself completely disqualify anyone as a leader.

I remember thinking the same thing about Bush when he ran against Gore.

Yeah, he's got experience.....

"McCain reveals confusion over Petraeus role
Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain of Arizona may not have been paying the closest of attention last week during hearings on the Bush administration’s Iraq policy.
Speaking Monday at the annual meeting of the Associated Press, McCain was asked whether he, if elected, would shift combat troops from Iraq to Afghanistan to intensify the search for al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
“I would not do that unless Gen. [David] Petraeus said that he felt that the situation called for that,” McCain said, referring to the top U.S. commander in Iraq.
Petraeus, however, made clear last week that he has nothing to do with the decision. Testifying last week before four congressional committees, including the Senate Armed Services Committee on which McCain is the ranking Republican, Petraeus said the decision about whether troops could be shifted from Iraq to Afghanistan was not his responsibility because his portfolio is limited to the multi-national force in Iraq.
Decisions about Afghanistan would be made by others, he said."

And which "lefty"..."LIBERALE"....rag has this story????

Wait
Wait
Wait...

click>>>>>McCain reveals confusion over Petraeus role - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

If that would have been either Democratic candidate, well you know

You are certainely not bias sir,are you?

hmm.. just thinking but maybe mccain was showing respect to petraeus and hinting at that he would be his "colin powell"

isn't that kind of a stretch, City? I know you lean to the left a bit, but are you assuming that since Bush has been such a bad president and he has, that everyone in the Republican party is like him or destined to be like him? Thats not being a good independent thinker, in fact its being too partisan and listening to partisan sources too frequently. Sure I am a right winger but I can at least try to listen to the other spectrum on most issues. I like Obama in fact many times over Hillary but not because he is a liberal or partisan told me too. Its because he is uniter and not a person who goes by party ideology. And as I said McCain has been very open about his past and is very flawed. He makes no bones about it. That I can respect a lot more then listening to Move. org or Air America's logic on anything and everything.

I remember thinking the same thing about Bush when he ran against Gore.

Not me. I always thought Bush was a spoiled blockhead.

Even taking into account that McCain's POW experience was 40 years ago, in his recent years he's exhibited a number of positive character traits, as well as some negative ones.

I just like him and Obama head and shoulders above anyone else who was running this year other than Biden, and while I think Biden has over the years rounded into a pretty decent senator and Sec. of State material, he isn't presidential timber.

I don't know if McCain and Obama are either, but I do know that nobody else they ran against this year is.

You are certainely not bias sir,are you?

Should be pretty easy to spot without asking, for a master of the objective method who makes Rutherford and Fermi look like guessers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom