so much for the wildcat being superior (1 Viewer)

Can someone tell me what base defense is better suited to defend to WC between the 4-3 and the 3-4? Just curious and I'm sure a bunch of people are. We've been playing a lot of 3-4, btw.
I firmly believe 3-4. Speed is key and the first level of attackers is usually blocked out. Just my opinion and I'm a 3-4 lover.

This game actually worries me more than any of the ny games. While I realize that it was only preseason, miami is the only team so far this year to hand us a loss. I'd like all the players and coaches to keep that in mind when we go down there, and lay 60 on them in retribution.

Can someone tell me what base defense is better suited to defend to WC between the 4-3 and the 3-4? Just curious and I'm sure a bunch of people are. We've been playing a lot of 3-4, btw.
The best defense to play against the wildcat, is a Greg Williams defense!!

We'll probably see a lot of the 46 look if I had to guess. This is going to be a fun game to watch.

I'm glad we have Greg Williams on our side :)

In case it's of any interest: Miami has run 48 Wildcat plays in five games and averages 6.6 yards per play.

From Uncovering the many myths and truths of the Wildcat offense on
SI.com.
so that is not that much more than pt avg.
that is only 9 times a game if that is correct then it is made out to seem like they run it way more than they actually do. = overhyped by espn to make it seem like they run it 25 times a game and no one can stop it.

I don't have the actual numbers, but it seems like we've been using it more frequently as the season has progressed, and relying on it more in key situations. Miami used it on a 3rd & 6 late in the Jets game, which I thought was a stretch (but it got the first), and of course used it for the winning TD with :06 left.

the defensive scheme isnt as important as being able to get penetration. If you can get penetration and drive our blockers backwards you will disrupt the play and give your linebackers time to blow up the play. Noone has done it so far this year on a consistent basis throughout the game

I don't have the actual numbers, but it seems like we've been using it more frequently as the season has progressed, and relying on it more in key situations. Miami used it on a 3rd & 6 late in the Jets game, which I thought was a stretch (but it got the first), and of course used it for the winning TD with :06 left.

You have.

You used it 35% of the snaps against the Jets.

i'd say the 43 because it's more difficult for the O linemen to get to the 2nd level... that's important with the 2 beasts they have running the ball... it's also important for the ends to maintain discipline else ricky will start killing them

To be successful running that type of offense, you have to have 2 very special players, who are tremendous athletes. That is what the Dolphins have. Brown and RW can do it all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom