So.... My bank is turning into a donut shop (1 Viewer)

It is in Ascension parish, not a huge branch but the people there knew their customers. I have never personally had a problem with them as I have with another bank. The problem I have now is that the next closest branch is slammed now.
The other day I had to go in and do some business with one of the desk people, not the teller, she was the only person besides 2 tellers in the whole bank. The lady was sick as a dog and told me the rest of them had covid. Yeah! And no, I didn't get free donuts.
I have to say though that a few weeks ago the main branch in Gonzales took about 50 lbs of loose change off my hands, we are moving and I didn't want to lug that around. They sent it off to be counted and did charge me $10, 5 per bag, but alot cheaper and more reliable than coinstar. The other one closer to my house wouldn't take it.

One location in Houma is going to be a coffee shop, at least that was before Ida, just have not heard anything since Ida.

My carwash was destroyed by Ida, what the hell is regions up to?
online banking

There is no "personal banking relationships" any longer. First, the turnover within the bank is substantial. So you never really get to "know" your banker. Second, they really didnt do much anyway. Wasnt like they put an extra $100 in my account because were were cool. lol.

I write insurance- im 50 years old- been doing since 1995. 2 years ago, i had no less than 12-18 clients come to my office per week. From renewing coverage, bringing a contract for review, make a change, get a Certificate of Insurance...you name it.

Today....im lucky if i see 3-4 clients in my office per week.

I have seen a massive shift to email/text/docusign. MASSIVE. We have 6 offices....for what? there is no foot traffic any longer yet we are saddled with the operational overhead it requires to keep them open ( rent, utilities, payroll etc )

In 2 years time, we will have 3. Have to in order to survive. Our competition is not only other agencies, but also online carriers.

as the demographic gets younger, they are well tuned to do business via internet/text/email than in person. I can take a few guesses as to why, but at the end of the day, it doesnt matter. What matters is what THEY want. Consumers make the rules in my biz - adapt or die.

I suspect Regions is doing the same.

Last edited:
So many people are using online services. I switched to Chase over 2 years ago, and i have only been to a location like 4 times, and honestly, 2 of those times was because i wasn't keen on depositing checks using my phone. But after i have done it multiple times now with no issues, i am not sure how often i actually need to go the the brick location. Its just a sign of the times.

So many people are using online services. I switched to Chase over 2 years ago, and i have only been to a location like 4 times, and honestly, 2 of those times was because i wasn't keen on depositing checks using my phone. But after i have done it multiple times now with no issues, i am not sure how often i actually need to go the the brick location. Its just a sign of the times.
Yeah, the only times I've been to a branch lately was either to open up an account or when I got locked out of my online account. I always deposit checks through my phone. One time I did have to deposit one in person because the phone wasn't accepting the check.

Yeah, the only times I've been to a branch lately was either to open up an account or when I got locked out of my online account. I always deposit checks through my phone. One time I did have to deposit one in person because the phone wasn't accepting the check.

what about insurance? ;)

what about insurance? ;)
I haven't seen the inside of an insurance office in probably 20 years, lol. Auto, life and health insurance I've done entirely online for quite a while.

I actually was a licensed life insurance agent (Northwestern Mutual) for a short bit, and was licensed for a couple of years when I was a financial advisor.

I have never eaten a doughnut at my insurance agent's office. My insurance carrier is the one that is endorsed by the quarterbacks. Despite personally delivering my divorce decrees and my refinanced mortages they have, my second wife's name on my home owner's policy (one agent) and my name on my 149th wife's f150's policy(different agent). They also insist that I'm living underneath the original 1954 roof despite delivering the receipt for the new installation.

Useless. Might as well use the app. If they could get me some doughnuts, they'd be, somewhat, useful.

All of your answers about banking going cyber have me baffled, don't get me wrong, I rarely go to the bank but because of my parents aging/passing, the move, paying off life's debts I have been going more and since the donut shop took over the other branch is packed.
To be fair we have a large elderly population, they use the bank more.
I'm just glad where we are going has regions because of direct deposit, won't have to change.

It's not my primary checking account, but I drove almost 2 hours and a few states each way to Philadelphia to open a checking account at a Chase branch a little over 9 years ago because that was the closest branch to my house. I've been back to that branch once since then, and it was to wire money that was easier to do from that account rather than my primary account. I think they have Chase branches closer to me now, but I haven't been to any of them either.

I have a branch of my primary bank close to my house. In the almost 7 years I've been here, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been inside. The most recent visits were because I had a couple of checks whose value exceeded the limit to deposit using the app. I do go there periodically to get cash from the ATM, but that's a drive-up machine. They also closed the other drive-up lanes permanently, so you either have to use the ATM or go inside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom