So my friend tells me his latest conspiracy theory for the upcoming NFL season...... (1 Viewer)

The best would be seeing Taysom Hill, who every “expert” and a large portion of his own team’s “fans” completely dumped on stated “is not a QB”, leading the Saints to a Super Bowl over the Packers.. the team that had Hill originally and had no idea they were sitting on a special talent.
I’d take either and call it a tie.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But when the evidence starts to pile up, it starts to be less of a conspiracy. That said, I have yet to see enough evidence for Goodell specifically fixing games against the Saints. The evidence, however, is interesting:
  • As stated, the Saints do have among the highest ratings for television viewership - which is arguably one of the (if not THE) primary channels of NFL revenue
  • On the other hand, the Saints have the smallest market size in the NFL. Taken together, that tells me there are a LOT of Saints fans that don't live within driving distance of New Orleans - You have to wonder if Goodell understands this
  • Bountygate was a direct stab at the Saints in my opinion - there were plenty of other teams that did the same thing
Now, on the other hand, I firmly believe that Goodell has very specific teams he likes to see be successful. But, again, he really doesn't seem to truly understand the market. For example: He pushed hard to get two teams in LA. Why? Because LA is a huge market. But most people I know who have lived in LA will tell you that the order of sports viewership in that area is ranked 1) The Lakers 2) The Dodgers 3) USC Sports (especially football) 4) UCLA Sports 5) The Clippers (if they're having a good year) 6) Local pickup basketball and softball leagues ... ... ... Somewhere down the list from there... The NFL. Granted, I'm purposely being sarcastic, but LA really isn't that much into pro football - as much as Goodell wishes it was.

Finally, a big red flag for me has been the recent embrace by Goodell and the NFL of Vegas and gambling.

So... are the games fixed? By Goodell, maybe but doubtful. But are some games fixed anyway, by someone - I think that's pretty high on the probability list. The question becomes: how many?
My cousin lives in Los Angeles. I asked him if he ever goes to see the Rams or Chargers, lol. He said why ? We have the Dodgers and Lakers ! Nobody cares about the NFL out there.

Something is going is going on. Don't know what but just from watching the Saints there has to be. And the Brady Patriots.

NFL has got to get Las Vegas going. That’s where the money is.
Starts off with Las Vegas getting SB the Saints turned down.
Put your money on Las Vegas this year and watch the fun

They have high ratings, relative to the population of the market...but likely have overall lower numbers than teams in much larger metro areas.
That likely is incorrect. The Saints consistently draw high numbers nationally, not just relative to the market.

I will admit, I believe " No Call" , was a cheat against us, however I don't think it goes to that extreme.
The no-call was so egregious that a proper Commissioner would have replayed that game from the penalty forward the following Wed or Thu. At least 1 official should have been fired on the spot.

I do believe that the NFL always wants the big market teams to advance to the Big Show. That is easily said than done and in a 17 game season you never know how injuries or luck will impact any team. Thus I am not one to subscribe to any conspiracy theory in the NFL, even though I do believe the NFL always has it's favorites driven by money.
Jville! WherY'at Bro! Loooong time no here 4 me but I'm BACK! Cheers! Trust you are well! That said, on to "The FIX". Looking back? Bruh! I'm as certain as a curtain hanging in godell's office that #1 Bountygate?REALLY Bruh? At the PEAK of both Drew and Coach's form together? #2 The No call in OUR DOME for The NFSCG? One large BREAK to geaux please! #3 The spearing hit to Pierre Thomas in the first few minutes of the S.F. game 4 again an NFC Play-off game (don't think it was NFCCG?) Still, w/Pierre out , at the top of his game? No call?) #4- The minny "miracle" play? Lapse of concentration @ end of game? While it still doesn't "sit right" w/me. Gotta lay that blame on the back end of the "D". So that's a PUSH in my mind.

That sort of stacks up to some harsh horse manure! That "Bountygate" threw Our entire TEAM off w/ripple effect spanning 3 or Drew's best years and The SAINTS still were competitive after that first year! Gotta say; Something's amiss w/ The SAINTS and the hierarchy of The League! I don't know why but RG has seemed to have it "IN" for Coach Payton if not OUR TEAM<> My Opine on our history. Big ? Now? Can we still be "elite" w/ new QB? I believe so, yet time will tell! Hope to see ya @ TC someday!

Above all else, I think we all just want a FAIR season, with no thumbs on the scale of justice.

I don't know if there's a conspiracy against the Saints....logic tells me that such an incompetent organization can't orchestrate the details to keep such an operation under wraps; but there sure is a lot of smoke coming from that direction, so that means fire, right?

But even if it IS all orchestrated, or coordinated, I'd rather we play the Maverick and do things the way they SHOULD be done, but keep falling short; than to hoist a trophy with Goodell's assistance or blessing. The Saints were here before he arrived; they'll be here after he's gone. I'd rather wait him out than owe him anything. Kiss the ring? I'll shove that ring up his......(family forum, family forum......ooohhhhmmmmm)

They have high ratings, relative to the population of the market...but likely have overall lower numbers than teams in much larger metro areas.

Not correct. There are a lot of factors that go into why people watch a particular team but over the last 10 years, the Saints are one of the most watched teams in the league. People like watching the Saints (the Saints score a lot, the Saints have colorful players and do things the rest of the league mimic, the Saints have a coach willing to try things, and they had a very likable HOF quarterback - though we’ll see how that impacts ratings).

For example:

1623262214019.jpeg

Last edited:
If there is some tinkering with the games, I think it is tied to new stadium deals. Right now the Jags, Panthers, Washington Football team and Bengals are in need. I could see the Jags and WFT making it to the playoffs to secure the deals. Panthers will suddenly get better next year. Bengals are a possibility if Burrows stays healthy. Amazing that when negotiating a stadium deal that team gets better until the deal is finished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom