So now that Ryan is the DC, who will be hired to coach the Offensive Line? [mod edit title] (1 Viewer)

60minutes

Camp Body
Reaction score
Offensive Line? It seems that we have all but ignored our need there over the past week with all he talk about Ryan and other DC candidates.

[mod edit - no "teaser" titles please]

Last edited by a moderator:
51kQrutNumL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One is the QB coach and the other is the QB coach. Don't coach OL.

They can't both be the QB coach.

Lombardi is the QB coach. Ingalls is the RB coach which is the same position that Kromer had before he took over as OLine coach. Neither of these moves would be a unheard of, many QB coach have also coached the OL and as stated before Kromer held the same position that Ingalls currently has before he was promoted.

Frank Smith could be an option but he has only been with us sine 2010 and may not understand the offense well enough to be promoted (yet).

If the DC search didn't teach us that our options are limited this late in the off season nothing will.

I know that I am burning the chance since I am wishing for him, but I would like Russ Grimm.

When Sparano was hired by Oakland, I figured Payton had decided to promote from within the staff ... still feel the same way.

Bret Ingals looks like the best bet if we hire from within for the OL coach vacancy... He's got 30 years of coaching experience, and he has been a coordinator in the past...

That move would allow us to hire Deuce McAllister as our RB Coach! Yaaaay!

Probably promote from within, Joe Lombardi or Brent Ingalls.

dunno, with their performance last season when they were put in the position, while kromer was over the team.

Agree but it will be Frank Smith.

Ingalls is the RB coach which is the same position that Kromer had before he took over as OLine coach. Neither of these moves would be a unheard of, many QB coach have also coached the OL and as stated before Kromer held the same position that Ingalls currently has before he was promoted.

Frank Smith could be an option but he has only been with us sine 2010 and may not understand the offense well enough to be promoted (yet).

If the DC search didn't teach us that our options are limited this late in the off season nothing will.

Looks like we promoted Ingalls to OL coach. Same approach we took with Kromer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.@<a href="https://twitter.com/coachingsearch">coachingsearch</a> says Bret Ingalls will shift to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a> OL coach.</p>&mdash; Larry Holder (@LarryHolder) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryHolder/status/301739704825548802">February 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom