So people are actually happy with Winston’s play? (1 Viewer)

ICYMI - Look how good Winston plays in the 2 min. drill, and his effectiveness in the red zone can only be described as "otherworldly". When you factor in, he only had 2 pre season games to get ready and WRs and TE's that wouldn't start on most rosters in the nfl. No opponent this season, is sleeping on Jamies. We have only had one home game. Give the man a break!

Saying he keeps missing short throws on 3rd down isnt hyperbole. Those are facts.
News flash - every Hall of Fame QB has missed his share of short passes.
How about you address the several people that said he played "great" in those threads and not start yet another thread to whine about it.
Going back to start of this thread you started, many here have called you out to provide us with a showing of those “several people” you speak of that said he played great (or just man up now and admit that you made this up to gratify your own unjust and bias opinion).

One step further, how did DB finish that season? I'm going to go look at the stats but I remember ending that season with ugly wins.
*yeah, I'm quoting my own post*..lol

Brees ended the year just like I remember.

Averaged 206 yards on 69% passing with a 7/4 TD to INT with an 85.3 passer rating (for those that care about that). And like @Xeno said, MT started every one of those game and stats don't tell the whole picture but to say Brees would have done more with what we have would ignore the fact that he technically didn't.

He had a very nice completion to Calloway that got called back for holding. Other than that, TQS was almost useless. He could have had a lot more help from the WRs.

It’s pretty clear people can’t handle opinions on here. Had a few people reach out to me on PM telling me that.

I’m done with the discussion. Winston has been average this year. That’s my opinion. The offense is clunky bc he struggles with accuracy. I hope he gets better bc I want the team to win.

Opinions are fine, the way you presented yours was God awful. Your OP is a bad hot take with no evidence or analysis to back it up and you basically call everyone who disagrees with you delusional. Then proceed to have mind numbingly dumb arguments throughout the comments.

Now you're acting like the victim because people discredited your opinion with facts and analysis? And y'all seriously PM each other over this stuff? 🤣

The one thing everyone keeps arguing about is Winston. But here’s the other thing. Accuracy is not only on the QB. Your WRs have to be dependable to be where they are supposed to be, and when they are supposed to be. When Winston is slightly off with a pass everyone here wants to cut him, but is Winston off, or is the WR off? As far as catching close passes, are the WRs making the small adjustments and actually catching the ball. When Kamara is only missing 1 pass, and our WRs are well missing as many as Kamara is catching, it’s hard for me to believe Winston just can’t throw to a WR, but is getting pretty dang consistent with Kamara. Pick your story and stick with it I guess.

It’s like Herbert. His career at Oregon he got trash for his accuracy. But being familiar with Oregon his WRs were terrible for the most part. Comes to the NFL, and he’s deadly accurate.

Let’s give Winston some real NFL WRs before we get too much closer to an edge.

The one thing everyone keeps arguing about is Winston. But here’s the other thing. Accuracy is not only on the QB. Your WRs have to be dependable to be where they are supposed to be, and when they are supposed to be. When Winston is slightly off with a pass everyone here wants to cut him, but is Winston off, or is the WR off? As far as catching close passes, are the WRs making the small adjustments and actually catching the ball. When Kamara is only missing 1 pass, and our WRs are well missing as many as Kamara is catching, it’s hard for me to believe Winston just can’t throw to a WR, but is getting pretty dang consistent with Kamara. Pick your story and stick with it I guess.

It’s like Herbert. His career at Oregon he got trash for his accuracy. But being familiar with Oregon his WRs were terrible for the most part. Comes to the NFL, and he’s deadly accurate.

Let’s give Winston some real NFL WRs before we get too much closer to an edge.
Not just that, the one incompletion to Alvin was purposely overthrown to avoid him getting blown up ala Reggie against the Eagles in '06.

Payton is getting the best out Winston. He is playing better than most people believed he was capable of. In my non professional opinion he is a decent backup now, before Payton reeled him in he was not. If he continues to play under control we should be able to win some more games. Going 500 is a win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom