So people are actually happy with Winston’s play? (1 Viewer)

I do understand your point but each and every year that is the ultimate goal. Is it not? No matter how good or bad your team is
Yes. It usually goes win your division, get the best record for a bye, make it to the Super Bowl and win. Nevertheless, most of us approach life in a more pragmatic fashion. You know like a 5-year plan to start a business or left me focus on becoming an officer before expecting to be a general.

Most of the rationale people on here see what is likely to happen. About to waste this great defense. Just like a bunch of Brees’ great years were wasted by an awful D early in his tenure here. Yes, Winston isn’t losing games right now, but at some point he is going to have to win a few against good offenses. I don’t think he is capable of that based on what he’s shown this year.

Do you think Winston currently has the WRs to win games against good offenses?

Kamara caught 10 out of 11....so yeah I'm sure bad passes are the big problem....lol

Exactly. Winston was lights out with the only reliable receiving target he had. That shows that when given viable receivers, he can be successful. Likewise, Hill's inability to incorporate Kamara into the receiving game last year also spoke volumes.

Well when the ball is held for way too long on those same plays and he takes a sack, then that would mean he should've gone to his second or third options right?

His "second or third option" should be playing in college somewhere outside of the SEC. And that's the problem. There isn't even a first option except to not throw an INT.

Remember when Krishawn Hogan was starting? 2019 maybe? That receiving corps was even worse that we have now. But, Drew was maybe the most accurate QB to ever play the game.
MT didn't miss a game in 2019 . . . so the very premise of your argument is wrong.

Winston is playing "Aaron Rodgers Ball" currently.
He isn't taking any unnecessary risks and if no one is open he's either throwing it away or taking the sack, unless he can scramble and pick up yards with his feet.

Honestly, that's all I want to see from him.

Now throw in the fact that your best WR is your running back and all the other WR's are fringe practice squad players and you're then asking him to be perfect, every play, every down, every game.

Given all of the obstacles working against Jameis on Monday night, he did pretty well.

Revievers can't catch, it was raining, they were in bloody Seattle, and his only threat was Kamara who single handedly carried them.

If you're complaining, you're clearly spoiled. No ifs ands or buts.

Most of the rationale people on here see what is likely to happen. About to waste this great defense. Just like a bunch of Brees’ great years were wasted by an awful D early in his tenure here. Yes, Winston isn’t losing games right now, but at some point he is going to have to win a few against good offenses. I don’t think he is capable of that based on what he’s shown this year.

Rationale people? Is that some new thing? I guess you really mean rational?

The Saints will probably lose a few games, will it be because Winston turns it over? Maybe...will it be for other reasons? WR's poor performance, offensive line issues, other? Maybe....

I think most rational folks believe Winston is playing pretty well right now considering the circumstances, most of those same rational folks know he has room for improvement and some of those same rational folks think he will improve, especially when we get one of the best WR's in the game back.....man, some folks want him to fail, so bad, I don't even really consider them Saints fans....(not saying you do)....

Right, absolutely no chance for improvement, an all world WR won't help, neither will a dominant healthy oline....got it...Thanks, I won't bother watching anymore because "it is what it is".....HAHAHAHAHA

Right, absolutely no chance for improvement, an all world WR won't help, neither will a dominant t healthy oline....got it...Thanks, I won't bother watching anymore because "it is what it is".....HAHAHAHAHA
JW has had 6 games now to develop a rapport with the receivers. I get these are raw , young receivers that don't grasp the receiver position , yet. It looks like every game JW and the receivers are reading separate play books. Yes, running game is crap, o-line play is spotty. But JW has had time in the picket to make plays and they just aren't happening. MT coming back will help, just saying he alone won't turn this offense around.

JW has had 6 games now to develop a rapport with the receivers. I get these are raw , young receivers that don't grasp the receiver position , yet. It looks like every game JW and the receivers are reading separate play books. Yes, running game is crap, o-line play is spotty. But JW has had time in the picket to make plays and they just aren't happening. MT coming back will help, just saying he alone won't turn this offense around.

I guess you missed the multiple dropped passes part of the game. I just don't understand how anyone can not be encouraged about his play so far and how many think there is no chance he will continue to improve....I consider those more Jamies haters/Brees lovers than real Saints fans....

You are also glossing over the fact that it hasn't been the same WR's every game....no Hogan or Harris now, Stills is still new and Kevin White can't catch a cold....

What do you expect of him? It's his first year still learning the system and to work with who's available. All you can asks of him is play and make smart decisions and not lose the game trying to be a hero. A ugly win is a win he doesn't have to play like Drew has or light up the score board. Give him time and have patience with the team this is post Drew brees so stop living in the past.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

I guess you missed the multiple dropped passes part of the game. I just don't understand how anyone can not be encouraged about his play so far and how many think there is no chance he will continue to improve....I consider those more Jamies haters/Brees lovers than real Saints fans....

You are also glossing over the fact that it hasn't been the same WR's every game....no Hogan or Harris now, Stills is still new and Kevin White can't catch a cold....
AMEN AMEN!!!

Yep. He had a couple of low throws that could've gone for some good yardage had he hit the targeted receiver. Those made me cringe with 'what could have been' visual I got from my minds eye.
BUT... he also had more dropped balls that hit the receiver right in the hands. Those receivers caused an even larger cringe factor.
Main thing...he's making progress and gaining experience and confidence. Payton is obviously holding him back while working with him to lower the interception rate and it's working. I think we are spoiled from having Brees for so long. Fans need to be patient and give him time.
Absolutely.

Do you think Winston currently has the WRs to win games against good offenses?

I think he has the skill talent to score in the mid to high 20s. The WR core at the moment isn’t good at all. And if the issue was solely the WRs not getting open there would be no complaining. The problem is they are getting open at times and he is missing them a good bit. I don’t expect him to fit throws in tight windows like an elite QB. I expect him to hit guys when they are open in the 0-15 yard range. He isn’t doing that at a high enough level right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom