So people are actually happy with Winston’s play? (1 Viewer)

You didn't do all this rationalizing for Brees last year, but I'll indulge.

REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Alvin Kamara 10 128 12.8 1 31 11
Adam Trautman 3 36 12.0 0 15 3
Marquez Callaway 3 32 10.7 0 14 7
Tre'Quan Smith 1 11 11.0 0 11 3
Juwan Johnson 1 8 8.0 0 8 1
Devine Ozigbo 1 7 7.0 0 7 1
Kenny Stills 0 0 0.0 0 0 3
Ty Montgomery 0 0 0.0 0 0 1
Kevin White 0 0 0.0 0 0 2
TEAM 19 222 11.7 1 31 32

The best WR active for the Saints on Monday was Alvin Kamara. Any argument? He found Kamara on 10 of 11 Targets. Would you say he missed Kamara? Of course not. This shows that when he has a decent target he finds them.

Callaway should really be WR #3. Tre'Quan Smith gave up on one of his targets and dropped the other: 1 for 3. Kenny Stills was 0 for 3 Targets. We know he dropped 1 or 2 that hit him in his hands. Kevin White dropped both of his targets.

All of this occurred in rainy, windy conditions. Yet you're going to blame Winston? It's not rational.

I have been critical of Brees the last few years. I just don’t post much. The high praise of Winston was just too much. He has been meh so far. If he gets a lot better then praise away.

I have been critical of Brees the last few years. I just don’t post much. The high praise of Winston was just too much. He has been meh so far. If he gets a lot better then praise away.

What high praise? Please post it? He played pretty mistake free ball in the rain on one of the hardest outdoor stadiums in the NFL, I think people have acknowledged that but haven't seen anyone say he was great.

What high praise? Please post it? He played pretty mistake free ball in the rain on one of the hardest outdoor stadiums in the NFL, I think people have acknowledged that but haven't seen anyone say he was great.
Right...there isn't any "High Praise" here...there's a lot of slapping down BS takes to the contrary, but we're a little light in the high praise dept. He's making it work w/ what we have....doesn't sound like high praise.

When I logged in after the game Monday night/ Tuesday morning I saw several posts saying he played great. It is what prompted my post. I don’t post much on here. I get news and read most of the time. I didn’t just decide to criticize Winston all of a sudden. I surely didn’t realize it would turn into a 20 page ordeal. I was curious if the sentiment among fans was that he played great. It seems that Winston is a hot topic and people don’t want him criticized.

He’s been ok so far. I expected much better.

That was a good position to take. Reading this thread, it would be a good idea to go back to doing just that.

People like you are one of the main reasonI stay away. As a huge sports fan I read message boards here and there. This is by far the most condescending group I read. Actually takes the sting out of losses on occasion knowing some of you folks are in a bad mood. Opinions aren’t welcome around here. Never have been.

When I logged in after the game Monday night/ Tuesday morning I saw several posts saying he played great. It is what prompted my post. I don’t post much on here. I get news and read most of the time. I didn’t just decide to criticize Winston all of a sudden. I surely didn’t realize it would turn into a 20 page ordeal. I was curious if the sentiment among fans was that he played great. It seems that Winston is a hot topic and people don’t want him criticized.

He’s been ok so far. I expected much better.
Please reference some of those posts that said he played great but I think your last comment is the key.

People like you are one of the main reasonI stay away. As a huge sports fan I read message boards here and there. This is by far the most condescending group I read. Actually takes the sting out of losses on occasion knowing some of you folks are in a bad mood. Opinions aren’t welcome around here. Never have been.
Naw, just stupid hot takes. Opinions are very cool when they can be presented with some backbone and logic. "Blood is really blue" types of opinions, not so much.

And I'm very pleased if I can be one of the reasons that certain types of poster (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) stay away. So thank you for that.

2018-2020 there were several "TD's to be had" that were either under thrown or not thrown at all because the receiver was beyond Brees' reach. Even as HOF QB's, it's a helluva lot easier to sit there in hindsight and say "he missed this guy or that guy" than it is to be on the field facing the rush.

If Winston is sucking, I'm going to say he's sucking but when WR's are dropping passes, not getting open, giving up on plays they are open on or the Oline is getting their shot pushed in, I'm not going to blame Winston for that.
This was more about that one play.. which all the three QBs thought was there for the taking. But maybe Winston saw something different.

Naw, just stupid hot takes. Opinions are very cool when they can be presented with some backbone and logic. "Blood is really blue" types of opinions, not so much.

And I'm very pleased if I can be one of the reasons that certain types of poster (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) stay away. So thank you for that.

Saying he wasn’t good is a hot take? Didn’t say he sucked. Didnt call him trash. Saying a guy that completed 50% of his passes wasn’t good. Some of y’all are too much.

Well, if you call a pat on the back for a job well done "high praise", then guilty as charged. He's not perfect, neither was Drew. He isn't Drew, not many are. His decision making is definitely improving. Take that last sack, in the past he would have heaved that ball in the air, this time he didn't, because he knew the clock would stop and it was worth the gamble. Smart decision. He overthrew AK on a screen when he saw AK was gonna get blown up, smart decision. He missed on a potential screen pass to JJ that was probably a TD, granted he had about 4 defenders bearing down on him, but he could have back pedalled and tossed it over their heads, bad decision? Probably. But, it didn't cause us to lose the game that we ultimately won.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom