So Porter... (1 Viewer)

Superbowl hero...average cornerback who cant stay healthy, save the money and put it toward a cb that can stay on the field . Flame if you want but the facts are the facts.

Superbowl hero...average cornerback who cant stay healthy, save the money and put it toward a cb that can stay on the field . Flame if you want but the facts are the facts.

Well all we need is an average defense ...right

I agree 100%. I just don't see him as an upgrade for our defensive backfield right now. I'd much rather Nnamdi...The only reason I'd kinda kick the tires is because of how hard it is for rookie CBs to succeed. Hopefully White will progress and flourish in this system

I would prefer a corner that can also tackle. As much as we all cheered him during that magical run, it has nothing to do with the current state of our team. We need to move forward to new players, not back to players we let go without a peep.

He wasn't good before he got hurt yet again last year.

No thanks on bringing him back. We let him walk for a reason and its not because we were sweating the one year deal he signed in Denver.

I'd def welcome him back. He obviously meshed well with our supporting cast of players on Def. I believe the man should retire a Saint for his contributions to our Super Bowl season

I like Porter and am extremely thankful for everything he has done for us, but I do not believe he is the answer.

Idk this is gonna sound crazy but with players getting cut I think they'll be quite a few good free agents we might be able to take a shot at. The only way I would really be comfortable bringing him back is if we parted ways with P Rob other then that I thank him for his SB contribution but would like to keep the Saints D moving forward not backwards.

If we can get him cheap, 1.5 mil to 2.0 mil per year, then I'd be more than okay with him coming back. I think he fits Ryan's scheme well.

I agree 100%. I just don't see him as an upgrade for our defensive backfield right now. I'd much rather Nnamdi...The only reason I'd kinda kick the tires is because of how hard it is for rookie CBs to succeed. Hopefully White will progress and flourish in this system

I'm not saying Porter is necessarily the best option, but I don't see how he would not be an upgrade. After Robinson, the only CB we have under contract is Corey White and I think Porter is better than White. Even if he is not, he at worst would be an upgrade at the dime back position where we don't have anyone at the moment

He's a huge upgrade over PRob and dont forget Greer aint gettin' no younger. I like White and its put up or shutup time for PRob, hopefully we can bring back Mack too. If we can get him for a bargain why not.

He's a huge upgrade over PRob and dont forget Greer aint gettin' no younger. I like White and its put up or shutup time for PRob, hopefully we can bring back Mack too. If we can get him for a bargain why not.
How exactly is a huge upgrade when he put up very similar stats last year(to Porters best year)? Actually P Rob has put up better avg numbers than Porter, who has played 2 more seasons.

How exactly is a huge upgrade when he put up very similar stats last year(to Porters best year)? Actually P Rob has put up better avg numbers than Porter, who has played 2 more seasons.

And PRob can tackle....Porter can't. Exactly what this defense doesn't need is more people who can't tackle.

problem porter had, other than injuries, he isnt' really cut out for slot.
he needs that sideline,and a decent safety..
Personally, i think he was better outside corner than prob, but maybe handled slot better than prob.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom