So tell me again why Ian Book can’t start or play? (1 Viewer)

Hey but wasn’t that guy in Tampa a 7th rounder?
Tom Brady may be the only 7th round QB in the history of the NFL to be good. There is no way that you can treat him like the rule. Sure...ANYONE can be the next Kurt Warner, but the probabilities say that essentially nobody can become Kurt Warner or even Tony Romo.

Last edited:
Hey but wasn’t that guy in Tampa a 7th rounder?
And Dak was a 4th. Clearly, playing Book right now is not the plan.

If Hill isn’t gonna start, I’m down to see Book run the offense. Really can’t be any worse than the last few games.
I don't think that you put Book into the game knowing that he will fail. At this point, I'm pretty much certain he would fail. The offense is in shambles. Even a prime Drew Brees would struggle to manufacture offense right now...there is no way that you can expect much from a 4th round rookie QB who Payton won't play behind Trevor frickin Siemian.

there have been a few NBA players under 6'
Exactly...you don't draft a 5'3" guard with the blind hope that he can be the next Muggsy Bogues. You don't scout looking for outliers. If Ian Book becomes a starting QB, he will be defying odds. If he becomes a good starting QB, he will be doing even more than that.

I don’t think Book is being considered because, Trevor is not the problem. When a team does poorly, the quarterback and or coach are automatically assumed to be the issue. People don’t consider other factors such as dropping passes.

I think the main problem is teamwork with new backup players. This team has not practiced, planned, etc prior to the injuries.

I don't think that you put Book into the game knowing that he will fail. At this point, I'm pretty much certain he would fail. The offense is in shambles. Even a prime Drew Brees would struggle to manufacture offense right now...there is no way that you can expect much from a 4th round rookie QB who Payton won't play behind Trevor frickin Siemian.
You assume he will fail.

I don’t think Book is being considered because, Trevor is not the problem. When a team does poorly, the quarterback and or coach are automatically assumed to be the issue. People don’t consider other factors such as dropping passes.

I think the main problem is teamwork with new backup players. This team has not practiced, planned, etc prior to the injuries.
For what I’ve seen Trevor like Hill tends to not have good pocket presence/awareness and holds on to the ball way too long.

He's a rookie 4th rounder. The chances of him ever developing into a starter is remote as best, and the likelihood that he would be good right now is even more remote. At this point, I hope he develops into a solid backup QB, because apparently he isn't yet...otherwise, he'd be on the field right now because the bar is set impossibly low.
Agree with the above.

If the chance is remote for him ever be more than a backup , more reason to start him. We shouldn’t be drafting backup QBs to start with. At this point in the season, light that firecracker and see what happens, find out if he’s a dud. This season is lost anyway. Book has a little more mobility than TS at this point, one positive.

Book starting is literally the only thing CSP can change in this offense at this point unless the walking wounded come back from IR.

He's a career back-up that's not even good enough to be a back-up at the moment because he's a rookie QB?
Glad you are coaching and absolutely, without any doubt, know that he is not even good enough to be s backup! You do realize, he is only a rookie and Payton knows that. Maybe Payton does not want to ruin whstever confidence Book may be developing st this time, through his film study and very limited practice time.

We don’t know he will fail, he might succeed. No one really knows.

remember how we saw Callaway and JJohnson ball out during pre-season - now multiply that by 20 and you might get how seemingly over-hyped Book is for some
No one is over hyping anyone. Some just want to see what he's got.

rookie QB behind a beat-up line with no weapons to throw to
Ds would be blitzing 75% of the time
what possible benefit could there be?
The benefit is that, if you look at his college highlights, he moves well in the backfield, and throws pretty decently on the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom