So the 2 point conversion with Ridley (1 Viewer)

I mean seriously the ref looking right at Ridley watching him toss the ball out of bounds raises his hands in the air to signal a successful 2 point conversion.

Officiating is at its low point in it's entire history.

It's not gonna get better.

I know. I was screaming in real time "That's not even close!!"

Even on tv sitting way back I could still see it. Kind of weird they didn't get that right to begin with.

It's like there's no winning here - either the refs are too old and can't keep up with the speed of the game. Or they're too young and inexperienced to officiate the game correctly.

Was literally screaming at the TV even though I knew it would be overturned. Missing a call that obvious should be a fireable offense. He dropped the ball a full yard and a half before crossing the goaline.

I said this last night to my dad and brother: "The official was standing literally in front of the play, there's no excuse to miss the call".

This should not have had to be overturned. And the energy with which he threw his hands up signaling a score. He wasn't just wrong, he was passionately and emphatically wrong.

It's almost like the refs CAN'T WAIT to screw the Saints. How many games do we need to watch before people stop disparaging folks who speak on officiating bias?

Best case scenario, the optics are terrible. Not only one-sided penalties but the timing and types of penalties. It looks like the refs are being petulant children, mad at being scolded for last year's debacle, so now they are full on taking it out on the Saints.

We had 9 sacks last night. You mean to tell me the Falcons didn't commit ONE offensive holding penalty all night?!

Last edited:
you can see the players and sp are getting sick of it. remember seahawks philosophy they can't call everything. well right now we're basically getting called for everything while the other team is allowed to play a normal game

The one that drove me into a froth was where we got called for the 16th hands-to-the-face penalty, and when they showed the replay, both players were grabbing each others facemasks. It's OK if the other team does it.

Last week, it was Mike Thomas's offensive PI on the 2 point conversion. Couple of plays later, Evans mugged P-Rob then caught a first down pass. Farce.

No long watched the game, it was on at 2am here and I’m up for work at 6am so recorded it for tonight, it real easy to avoid knowing the score here too.

Something puzzled me about that 2pt attempt, why did they go for it? They were 11pts behind.

Last edited:
The officials are using replay as a crutch and not a supplemental tool to help the game. He took the easy road, calling the conversion good. It gets reviewed and overturned, so it’s dismissed as a miss call because of the “speed of the game” and he’s human. It stands with the ruling on the field because it’s “inconclusive”, then that official is off the hook. It’s pathetic.

I mean seriously the ref looking right at Ridley watching him toss the ball out of bounds raises his hands in the air to signal a successful 2 point conversion.

Officiating is at its low point in it's entire history.

It's not gonna get better.
It was a horrible call... if you miss that call right in front if your face, what else are you missing?

I said this last night to my dad and brother: "The official was standing literally in front of the play, there's no excuse to miss the call".

This should not have had to be overturned. And the energy with which he threw his hands up signaling a score. He wasn't just wrong, he was passionately and emphatically wrong.

It's almost like the refs CAN'T WAIT to screw the Saints. How many games do we need to watch before people stop disparaging folks who speak on officiating bias.

Best case scenario, the optics are terrible. Not only one-sided penalties but the timing and types of penalties. It looks like the refs are being petulant children, mad at being scolded for last year's debacle, so now they ate full on taking it out on the Saints.

We had 9 sacks last night. You mean to tell me the Falcons didn't commit ONE offensive holding penalty all night?!

This, too, is my take on the game. I will also add the three turn overs; two INTs and the QB Fumble were all results of pressure from the D-line. So, nine sacks & three TOS & several tackles-for-loss & almost continuous pressure and the Failcons O-Line played an “angelic” game with no holding penalties called against them.

Sitting on my fat-arse, in the living room, I saw many blatant examples of holding & choke holds of our players but, apparently, not-seen by the ref only 5-yards away.

Trying to be unbiased, lately they’ve been calling scoring plays as scores knowing they will be automatically reviewed anyway. But if you don’t call it a score from the get go, it will have to be challenged. Don’t think it was necessarily a slight at us

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom