So the 2 point conversion with Ridley (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I mean seriously the ref looking right at Ridley watching him toss the ball out of bounds raises his hands in the air to signal a successful 2 point conversion.

Officiating is at its low point in it's entire history.

It's not gonna get better.

The lead official seemed lost out there yesterday. Never seen an official look quite so unsure when announcing calls.
Also noticed him getting really short with Brees when he plead his case on a play (forgot which one). Like a real disdain for the Saints. There may something real about them being miffed about the flack they're getting (when it's actually because of horrific, inconsistent officiating). The Saints committed dumb penalties last night, for sure, but for at least three straight games, our opponenents offensive lines have been virtually hold free against our stout pressure.

Last edited:
Also noticed him getting really short with Brees when he plead his case on a play (forgot which one). Like a real disdain for the Saints. There may something real about them being miffed about the flack they're getting (when it's actually because of horrific, inconsistent officiating). The Saints committed dumb penalties last night, for sure, but for at least three straight games, our opponenents offensive lines have been virtually hold free agisnst our stout pressure.

I'm not a big NFL ref conspiracy theory guy, but I do believe when NFL refs get together in private they complain about being under a microscope and, to a large part, blame that on the Saints. So it's not hard to imagine when they do a Saints game they put the Saints under the microscope and are so focused on the Saints that they don't watch the other team as closely.

Oh they ABSOLUTELY are 'miffed' with the Saints for making a fuss over the No Call in the Dome. The officials in general and Riveron in particular don't enjoy there being ramifications for their actions. And Sean antagonizing Riveron/Park Ave by throwing red flags on plays he KNOWS won't get overturned but just to highlight the double standards isn't gonna help things! ?

But those two plays represent my concern. If CSP continues to use his red flag as a FU to Riveron, what happens when we get an AWFUL call (that isn't automatically reviewed) like the two point try, and Coach can't challenge it. It's like; we get it, they ARE trying to screw us, this is more than just incompetence. But now we need to adapt and be smarter.

I mean seriously the ref looking right at Ridley watching him toss the ball out of bounds raises his hands in the air to signal a successful 2 point conversion.

Literally crapped himself trying to signal. It’s completely transparent.

& The head official seemed like he should be the asset manager at a
WalMart.
Where does the NFL find these guys?

Yeah, that was one at live speed it was clear he'd fumbled it short of the goalline (the overturn we got on the incompletion, I will concede that I didn't notice it was a no catch at live speed).

Also noticed him getting really short with Brees when he plead his case on a play (forgot which one).

It was the play when the Saints tried to quick snap and the refs ruled it hadn’t been signaled “ready for play”, so they blew it dead.

It was the head ref.

And not defending the ref but Brees threw the ball away in frustration and understandably jawed a bit at the ref for blowing the play dead. Brees was HOT and I imagine the ref was trying to match that intensity and check him back a bit.

Still looked bad, but Brees was very frustrated and expressing it physically and verbally.

I'm not a big NFL ref conspiracy theory guy, but I do believe when NFL refs get together in private they complain about being under a microscope and, to a large part, blame that on the Saints. So it's not hard to imagine when they do a Saints game they put the Saints under the microscope and are so focused on the Saints that they don't watch the other team as closely.
That’s definitely an interesting perspective. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but you definitely make sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom