So the blueprint for taking down the Chiefs has been firmly established (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The last 2 games the Chiefs have averaged having the ball for only 21 1/2 minutes. The opponent 38 1/2 minutes.

I don't care how great your offense is, if the opposing team has the ball almost twice as long as you do, you're in trouble.

The fast paced quick scoring offense is keeping a sub par defense on the field for far too long.

I don't see this changing anytime soon with teams like Green Bay and Minnesota coming up. Both teams will plan to run the ball over and over and over again.

KC would be fine if they didn't try to drop back and make every play a highlight. it'll look nice but won't win a championship that way. saints fans have seen what an high scoring offense looks like and no defense or running game looks like. Sure it'll look nice or highlight tapes and espn but it'll more than likely end in a L and early playoff exit or watching the playoffs from home.

Teams are gonna let him drop back and try those deep passes and start to bait and pick him off.

I don't think this is logical at all. Their defense has been on the field because their offense has been sputtering. It's correlation, not causation.

And their offense is stuttering only because Mahomes has a hurt ankle.

So this isn't really a blueprint at all, other than "Mahomes is hurt".

The saints have the perfect defensive line to slow them down. A good portion of their big plays come from the QB 'creating' while moving around. The Saints defensive line is great at taking that option away and making the QB throw from the pocket against good coverage, which is what happened yesterday against the Jaguars.

I don't think this is logical at all. Their defense has been on the field because their offense has been sputtering. It's correlation, not causation.

The KC scoring drives were 3:18, 1:17, 4:18 and 4:25.

The play calling and quick strike attack is most definitely affecting the defense.

In the Colts case, they had really long drives running the ball at will. Obviously that's the way to really give yourself the best shot at beating them.

The Texans did as well but the Chiefs offense was much better yesterday with Hill but they were scoring so quickly that it's almost the same effect as a 3 and out.

In the last 4 games the KC run D has given up 203, 186, 180 and 192 yds!

They’re VERY lucky to be 2-2 in that stretch!

As good as Mahomes is, KC will have a hard time winning games if they can’t fix their D!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom