So the Dome is now the Verizon Dome? (1 Viewer)

I know Verizon is a big sponsor but I haven't heard that. That would be great financial news for the franchise.

Just Curious but do you have a link??? if not, this will not end well...

I heard it's now the Pat O'Briens dome, complete with $5 hurricanes.

if you are referring to what was said on the tv, he said the verizon zone, which is part of their commercial slogan. i thought he said dome at first as well.

I'm torn here. In a way its great finacially for the Saints. However I must say one thing I loved about our Dome is we never sold out. I mean Bank of America Stadium, Monster Park. To me its about the Original Candlestick Park, Raymond James Stadium, Ralph Wilson Stadium. Never forgetting The Louisiana Superdome. I've always loved that fact.

-B

Last edited:
I'm torn here. In a way its great finacially for the Saints. However I must say one thing I loved about our Dome is we never sold out. I mean Ban of American Stadium, Monster Park. To me its about the Original Candlestick Park, Raymond James Stadium, Ralph Wilson Stadium. Never forgetting The Louisiana Superdome. I've always loved that fact.

-B

It's not for a lack of trying. The state commission that oversees the Dome has been trying for YEARS to sell naming rights. The main tenant's questionable long-term state (read: the Saints-to-L.A. rumors) hempared things, thena long term deal gets worked out, but now the economy is in the tank and no company is going to waste its CEOs' bonuses on naming rights.

I'm guessing the OP mis-heard or mis-understood something. This would have been a huge deal, with a huge announcement, if it was real.

No offense, but as much money as Taxpayers contribute to the Saints...I like the Louisiana Superdome! I understand the whole naming rights funding though....but still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom